Jeremy stars in Knicks’ win over KingsFebruary 16th, 2012 - 4:46 pm ICT by IANS
New York, Feb 16 (IANS) Jeremy Lin recorded a career best 13 assists in a 26-minute play propelling the New York Knicks to its seventh successive victory in the NBA basketball league.
The Knicks Wednesday took their win-loss record to 50 percent after they routed the Sacramento Kings 100-85.
Landry Fields of New York had 15 points and 10 rebounds, while Bill Walker and Steve Novak each chipped in 14 points.
Tyreke Evans scored 19 points for the Kings, who were on a four-game winning streak in New York. DeMarcus Cousins added 15 points but shot only seven of 18 and grabbed just four rebounds.
“It’s crazy, just crazy,” Lin was quoted as saying by Xinhua, hearing cries of “MVP!” from the sold-out crowd.
“He is 23 years old. Come on! That shouldn’t be a problem, but we’ll watch him,” coach Mike D’Antoni said of Lin. “Nobody should care as long as we are winning. We have a bunch of guys like that.”
Lin scored 136 points in his first five starts, most by any NBA player since the league merged with the ABA in 1976. His three-pointer with 0.5 seconds left allowed the Knicks Tuesday to pull out a 90-87 victory in a game they trailed nearly the whole way.
The Knicks could get back All-Star forward Carmelo Anthony, who is out of for two weeks due to a strained groin, in Friday’s home game against the New Orleans Hornets.
- Knicks beat Pacers - Mar 17, 2012
- Knicks end six-game losing streak after D'Antoni's resignation - Mar 15, 2012
- NBA's Asian star Lin seeks trademark on 'Linsanity' - Feb 24, 2012
- Miami Heat win second NBA title - Jun 22, 2012
- Evans wins slam dunk, Love shoots down three-point contest - Feb 26, 2012
- Olympics: Dominant but not dream start for US men's basketball team - Jul 30, 2012
- Olympic basketball: Spain storms into final (Lead) - Aug 11, 2012
- US picks 12-man basketball squad for Olympics - Jul 09, 2012
- LeBron James gets third NBA most valuable player citation - May 13, 2012
- Raymond Felton On The Verge Of Joining New York Knicks - Jul 10, 2010
- New York Knicks Drafts Andy Rautins In The Second Round - Jun 25, 2010
- Olympic basketball: Spain storms into final - Aug 11, 2012
- Olympic basketball: Spain, US set up rematch of Beijing final (Second Lead) - Aug 11, 2012
- Miami Heat take 2-1 series lead in NBA finals - Jun 18, 2012
- Chris Paul No More Interested To Point Guard New Orleans Hornets - Jul 22, 2010
Tags: 23 years, aba, basketball league, bill walker, carmelo anthony, coach mike, demarcus cousins, game winning streak, home game, hornets, kings new york, landry, nba basketball, nba player, new orleans hornets, new york knicks, sacramento kings, steve novak, strained groin, xinhua