‘Jeev’s efforts add stature to Indian golf’July 27th, 2008 - 9:37 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 27 (IANS) Jeev Milkha Singh’s home tour, the Professional Golf Tour of India (PGTI), was overjoyed with the efforts of the Indian, who won his second title of the year. It was also the fourth international title for the Indian golfers this year.
PGTI president Gautam Thapar lauded Jeev’s effort, saying: “I would like to congratulate Jeev for his remarkable victory in the Nagashima Shegio Invitational Sega Sammy Cup. With this victory Jeev has added to the growing stature of Indian professional golf in the international golfing arena. This is a proud moment for all of us at PGTI, and his victory is a validation of our efforts to promote Indian professional golf internationally.”
Ajai Gupta, the Tour Commissioner of PGTI, said: “Jeev Milkha Singh’s win in Japan is a shot in the arm for all golf enthusiasts in India. His well-deserved victory will not only help in raising the profile of Indian golf but will also serve as an inspiration to many other Indian professionals to achieve greater heights.”
It was the fourth win of the year for PGTI golfers, following S.S.P. Chowrasia’s win at the Emaar-MGF Indian Masters and then Arjun Atwal’s victory at the Maybank Malaysian Open. Jeev then won the Bank Austria Open and now the Sega Sammy Cup.
Jeev’s ranking, currently 75th, is also expected to go up significantly when the new rankings are announced Monday. He is currently second on Asian Tour, fourth on Japan Tour and 11th on European Tour Money List.
Jeev, winner of the 2006 Asian Tour Order of Merit, rounded off his week with scores of 67, 74, 68 and 66.
- European Challenge Tour to debut in India with Kensville Challenge - Dec 13, 2010
- Indians start as strong challengers in Avantha Masters - Feb 17, 2011
- Moneywise it will be a tough year for golf: Jeev - Jan 03, 2012
- My main goal is to stay fit: Jeev Milkha Singh - Jan 03, 2012
- Indians start as strong challengers in Avantha Masters - Feb 16, 2011
- Jeev, Kapur to help set up ISM academies in India - Feb 17, 2011
- Rising Indian star Lahiri gets Dubai Desert call-up - Jan 29, 2010
- Jeev's fourth title in Japan, 12th in career (List of wins) - Dec 07, 2008
- Jeev rises to 66th in world rankings - Jul 29, 2008
- Italy's Ryder Cup star Molinari top draw at Indian Open - Sep 21, 2011
- Path-breaker Jeev adds another win and Merit title (Profile) - Nov 16, 2008
- Jeev looks to end title drought in Thailand - Dec 12, 2011
- Another feather in Jeev Milkha Singh's cap - Nov 16, 2008
- Indian golfers hope to maintain success story at Panasonic Open - Mar 28, 2011
- Jeev shoots 67, finishes seventh in Hong Kong - Nov 21, 2010
Tags: arjun atwal, asian tour, deserved victory, emaar mgf, fourth win, gautam, golf enthusiasts, indian golfers, indian masters, indian professionals, japan tour, jeev milkha singh, nagashima, order of merit, pgti, professional golf tour, proud moment, remarkable victory, thapar, tour money