Jeev rises to 66th in world rankingsJuly 29th, 2008 - 10:14 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 29 (IANS) Jeev Milkha Singh’s win at the Nagashima Shegio Invitational Sega Sammy Cup 2008 helped him move up nine places to 66 in the Official World Golf Rankings. Jeev, who was ranked 75th in the world prior to the Japan Golf Tour’s last event, thus made a upward move towards his goal of getting back into world’s top 50 after he won the title in Hokkaido Sunday.
As a result of his recent performances, Jeev has continued to maintain his position as the highest ranked Indian golfer. Jyoti Randhawa (88th) is second on the list.
Jeev’s latest triumph earned him his second win of 2008 and third title on the Japan Golf Tour. He is now placed seventh on the Japan Golf Tour’s Order of Merit for 2008. But with the results of the two Majors, Masters and US Open, taken into consideration, he is fourth.
The Chandigarh-based professional has been in supreme form this year as he has registered two wins, two runner-up finishes and four other top 10s besides a tied 11th at the Johnnie Walker Classic held in India. His tied 25th at the US Masters this year was also the best ever finish by an Indian at a Major.
The 2006 Asia no. 1 is currently placed 11th on the European Tour Order of Merit and second on the Asian Tour Order of Merit.
Jeev will play at another Japan Golf Tour event this week, the Sun Chlorella Classic, before heading to Michigan, United States for the year’s last Major, the US PGA Championship.
- Jeev's fourth title in Japan, 12th in career (List of wins) - Dec 07, 2008
- Jeev Milkha Singh to play in Macau Open - Sep 10, 2011
- Jeev looks to end title drought in Thailand - Dec 12, 2011
- Jeev aiming to dislodge compatriot Chowrasia from top of Asian Tour - Nov 09, 2011
- Chowrasia maintains lead on Asian Tour Order of Merit - Sep 05, 2011
- Chowrasia aiming for Indian Open, Merit crown - Oct 07, 2011
- Indians start as strong challengers in Avantha Masters - Feb 17, 2011
- 'Jeev's efforts add stature to Indian golf' - Jul 27, 2008
- Indians start as strong challengers in Avantha Masters - Feb 16, 2011
- Lahiri seventh in Asian Tour's Order of Merit - Sep 03, 2012
- Another feather in Jeev Milkha Singh's cap - Nov 16, 2008
- Chowrasia to lead Indian Challenge in Barclays Singapore Open - Nov 05, 2011
- Path-breaker Jeev adds another win and Merit title (Profile) - Nov 16, 2008
- Lahiri counts on meditation for more glory on Asian Tour - Feb 27, 2012
- Himmat Rai ready for the big test at Hero Indian Open - Oct 04, 2011