Jeev moves to 71st place in world golf rankingsJune 9th, 2008 - 2:50 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 9 (IANS) Indian’s Jeev Milkha Singh overtook Jyoti Randhawa in the world golf rankings with a brilliant win in the Bank Austria Open in Vienna Sunday. Jeev, who triumphed in the Austrian capital with a record-equalling 18 pars in the final round, is now ranked 71st up from 90th last week, while Randhawa, who missed the cut, is 74th.
Jeev’s career-best ranking is 37th, achieved at the end of the 2006 season. Jeev also moved into top-10 of the European Order of Merit into ninth place with earnings of just over 731,000 euros. He is also second on the Asian Tour Order of Merit.
“My aim is to get back and stay in top-50 of the world. My game is going fine, but I just need to keep it moving,” said Jeev, from London, as he takes a week off. His next tournament will be in Germany.
India has two other golfers in top-200 of the world in Arjun Atwal in 186th place and S.S.P. Chowrasia in 190th place. Shiv Kapur is 277th while Gaurav Ghei is 303rd.
- Indian golfers dominate Order of Merit ahead of Malaysian Open - Apr 13, 2011
- Gurgaon down Noida in Louis Philippe Cup - Mar 09, 2012
- Avantha Masters signals growing strength of Indian golf - Feb 05, 2010
- Rai reinforces India'S talent pool on Asian Tour - Sep 12, 2011
- Top golfers set for tee-off in Bangalore - Mar 05, 2012
- Jeev best Indian in tied third at Malaysian Open golf - Apr 14, 2011
- Chowrasia aiming for Indian Open, Merit crown - Oct 07, 2011
- Chowrasia maintains lead on Asian Tour Order of Merit - Sep 05, 2011
- Jeev leads a strong Indian contingent at Hong Kong Open - Nov 11, 2009
- Shiv Kapur and Gaganjeet Bhullar make the cut - Apr 29, 2011
- Jeev improves to tied second at Volvo China Open - Apr 22, 2011
- Jeev touches a career-high World ranking of 36 - Dec 08, 2008
- Indians start as strong challengers in Avantha Masters - Feb 17, 2011
- Himmat Rai ready for the big test at Hero Indian Open - Oct 04, 2011
- Jeev aiming to dislodge compatriot Chowrasia from top of Asian Tour - Nov 09, 2011
Tags: aim, arjun atwal, asian tour, austrian capital, bank austria, earnings, european order of merit, game, germany, ghei, golfers, India, jeev milkha singh, jyoti randhawa, london, New Delhi, order of merit, pars, vienna, world golf rankings