Jeev jumps to tied 12th at Wyndham ChampionshipAugust 22nd, 2009 - 7:58 pm ICT by IANS
Greensboro (North Carolina), Aug 22 (IANS) A stunning six-birdie streak saw India’s Jeev Milkha Singh zoom up the leaderboard at the midway stage of the Wyndham Championship golf.
The Asia No. 1 carded a six-under 64, with a birdie sequence from second to seventh holes on his second nine during the second round here Friday. It put him at seven-under 133 and in tied 12th place.
As many as 28 players are yet to finish their second round with the cut projected at two-under at the Donald Ross-designed layout at Sedgefield Country Club.
Meanwhile, Arjun Atwal missed the cut at even par with rounds of 73 and 67. Daniel Chopra (67-69) at four-under 136 is, however, sure to play the weekend rounds.
Jeev, who started the second round at No. 10, birdied from second to seventh on his way to a 29 for the front stretch of the course. His 64 was his career-best on the PGA Tour, beating his previous best of 65 at the World Golf Championships, where he finished fourth.
Chris Riley, who restricted the use of his driver in his bag, shot a season-best 63 to move to 11-under 129 and claim a share of the lead with Ryan Moore during an incomplete second round.
Sergio Garcia had two eagles during his 64 and joined 18-hole leader Bill Haas (69) and Chez Reavie (67) at nine-under 131.
Riley, who finished 15 holes of Round 1 before play was called due to darkness, completed that round Friday morning before turning around and hitting the course again during his long day at Sedgefield.
- Atwal one round away from PGA Tour history - Aug 22, 2010
- Westwood triumphs at Thailand golf, Jeev finishes tied seventh - Dec 18, 2011
- Rohana snatches dramatic win in PGTI golf - Aug 10, 2012
- Abhishek shares lead with Piyush in Usha Karnataka juniors - May 23, 2012
- Lascuna Seizes Round 3 Lead in Orchard Golf Championship - Aug 17, 2012
- Indian pair Jeev, Shiv tied third in Morocco golf - Apr 02, 2011
- Jeev's brilliant 64 brings him closer to PGA Tour card - Oct 05, 2009
- Khalin beats Chikka to win Samarvir Sahi golf - Mar 02, 2012
- Ajeetesh, Jaini finish third and fourth at Sail Open golf - Mar 25, 2011
- Atwal zooms to tied seventh, Jeev rises to 23rd - May 23, 2010
- Atwal tied 52nd, Molinari leads in WGC-HSBC - Nov 04, 2010
- Jeev tied 44th, Atwal 59th, Chopra misses out - May 22, 2010
- British Open: Jeev laments missed opportunity - Jul 19, 2012
- Magical Mcllroy wins Hong Kong Open golf - Dec 04, 2011
- Top-10 finish for Jeev at Volvo China Open - Apr 24, 2011
Tags: arjun atwal, bill haas, birdie, championship golf, chez reavie, chris riley, daniel chopra, darkness, donald ross, eagles, friday morning, greensboro north carolina, holes, jeev milkha singh, leaderboard, pga tour, ryan moore, world golf championships, wyndham championship, zoom