Jeev 49th, Edoardo Molinari wins Scottish OpenJuly 12th, 2010 - 1:08 pm ICT by IANS
Loch Lomond (Scotland), July 12 (IANS) Jeev Milkha Singh finished in a modest 49th place with a final round of three-over 74 and a total of seven-over 291 in the Barclay’s Scottish Open on Sunday. The Indian star had two birdies, three bogeys and a double bogey in the final round.
His earlier rounds were 68, 75 and 74.
In the last two starts, he was 11th at BMW International at Munich and 16th at the French Open in Versailles.
Italian Edoardo Molinari joined his brother Francesco as a European Tour winner at The Barclays Scottish Open. With Francesco watching him - he finished joint fourth - the 29 year old Edoardo won his duel with Darren Clarke to become champion at Loch Lomond.
Edoardo, one ahead after his stunning third round 63, closed with a 74 in the much tougher conditions and, with a 12 under par total of 272, took the 601,599 euro first prize by three.
The compensation for runner-up Clarke was that, with Molinari already exempt for this coming week’s Open Championship, he took the one St Andrews spot up for grabs.
No brothers have played together in The Ryder Cup since Bernard and Geoffrey Hunt in 1963, back in the days when it was just Great Britain against America.
But Francesco, who a week ago lost a play-off for the Alstom Open de France to Miguel Angel JimÃ©nez, moves up from eighth to fifth in the points race.
And winner Edoardo, who first hit the headlines by winning the US Amateur Championship title five years ago, is up from 11th to sixth on the world list from which the first four members of Colin Montgomerie’s Europe Team will come.
With Francesco having won the 2006 Italian Open, Edoardo’s victory makes them the third brothers to lift European Tour titles - and this just eight months after they combined to win the Omega Mission Hills World Cup in China.
Seve and Manuel Ballesteros did it and so did their fellow Spaniards Antonio and German Garrido.
- Randhawa tied 10th despite poor front half at Gleneagles - Aug 30, 2010
- Kapur drops to 11th, Jeev 26th in KLM Open - Sep 13, 2010
- Jimenez turns the clock back, wins European Masters - Sep 06, 2010
- Randhawa best Indian making the cut at Gleneagles - Aug 28, 2010
- Italy's Ryder Cup star Molinari top draw at Indian Open - Sep 21, 2011
- Kapur slips to fourth, Jeev 11th at KLM Open - Sep 12, 2010
- Jeev Milkha Singh wins Scottish Open - Jul 16, 2012
- Gangjee tied 5th in Singapore Open golf, Jeev shares 9th place - Nov 10, 2011
- Atwal tied 52nd, Molinari leads in WGC-HSBC - Nov 04, 2010
- Randhawa tied fourth at French Open golf - Jul 04, 2010
- Legendary golfer Seve Ballesteros loses battle with brain tumour - May 07, 2011
- Molinari seeks debut win at Hero India Open golf - Oct 12, 2011
- Himmat in joint lead at ICTSI Philippine Open golf - May 12, 2011
- Kumar maintains lead at Hero Indian Open golf - Oct 14, 2011
- Hero Indian Open: Glee for Gleeson Chiragh finishes second - Oct 16, 2011
Tags: barclays scottish open, bmw international, bogeys, colin montgomerie, darren clarke, double bogey, edoardo molinari, geoffrey hunt, indian star, jeev milkha singh, loch lomond, loch lomond scotland, manuel ballesteros, miguel angel, omega mission, open de france, ryder cup, scottish open, tour titles, us amateur championship