Jayasuriya in signing controversyJanuary 16th, 2010 - 12:32 am ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Jan 15 (IANS) Veteran Sri Lankan cricketer Sanath Jayasuriya Friday courted controversy after it was found that he has signed for two clubs simultaneously in the ongoing CAB league and knock-out tournaments.
The matter came to light Friday, the last day of players’ registration, when Jayasuriya’s name was found in the lists of both clubs.
Sources said the Sri Lankan player had opted to sign for Kalighat after initially giving his consent to turn out for Mohun Bagan.
A Cricket Association of Bengal official said Jayasuriya may be asked to explain the reasons for the fiasco. “We may seek explanation from the clubs also.”
Both the clubs have decided to withdraw Jayasuriya’s name from their list to defuse the crisis.
- Sanath, Madhuri do a Sri Lankan jig (With Images) - Jun 30, 2012
- Sanath Jayasuriya in "Na Bole Tum...' - Jun 27, 2012
- Sri Lanka recall veteran Jayasuriya for ODIs and Twenty20 in England - Jun 09, 2011
- Soccer legend Sailen Manna dead (Roundup) - Feb 28, 2012
- Mohun Bagan face Pune in Barreto's farewell match - May 05, 2012
- Ruud Gullit enthralls Mohun Bagan crowd - Jul 30, 2012
- Small screen's Anandi glams up for 'Jhalak…' (With Image) - May 23, 2012
- Footballer Ruud Gullit to visit Kolkata - Jul 25, 2012
- Relegation threatened Chirag United face Mohun Bagan in I-League - Jan 30, 2012
- Bhowmick takes over as Mohun Bagan technical director - Dec 15, 2010
- Jayasuriya unsold, little known Christian goes for $900,000 - Jan 09, 2011
- Tillakaratne denies naming former cricketers for match-fixing - Jun 08, 2011
- I-League: Lajong take on Chirag - Mar 23, 2012
- Mohun Bagan appoints Santosh Kashyap as coach - Jun 30, 2012
- Depleted Salgaocar face Mohun Bagan challenge - Apr 13, 2012