Japanese midfielder Kagawa completes move to UnitedJune 23rd, 2012 - 4:34 pm ICT by IANS
London, June 23 (IANS) Japan midfielder Shinji Kagawa has completed his move to English Premier League side Manchester United after passing a medical test.
The 23-year-old signed a four-year contract Friday with the former Premiership winners from German champions Borussia Dortmund.
“Shinji is an exciting young midfielder with great skill, vision and a good eye for goal,” said Man Utd manager Alex Ferguson.
United narrowly lost the 2011-2012 title to city rivals Manchester City on the last day of the season.
In this summer’s pre-season tour for Manchester to South Africa and China, Kagawa, who was ruled out of Japan’s Olympic football squad, is set to travel with the club.
“This is a challenge I am really looking forward to,” he said. “The Premier League is the best league in the world and Manchester United is such a massive club.
- Japanese midfielder Kagawa to join Man United - Jun 05, 2012
- Kagawa's girlfriend set to sizzle Manchester - Jul 14, 2012
- Japan's Kagawa to undergo medical for Man-U - Jun 22, 2012
- United sign Crewe's highly rated teenager - Jun 13, 2012
- Dortmund humble Bayern to win German Cup - May 13, 2012
- Dortmund clinch successive Bundesliga title - Apr 22, 2012
- Dortmund keep lead at German Bundesliga - Mar 04, 2012
- Bayern on top with unconvincing victory over Wolfsburg - Jan 29, 2012
- Man City's 22 million pound contract for Mancini - May 09, 2012
- Bundesliga leaders Dortmund five clear of Bayern with win over Cologne - Mar 26, 2012
- Monchengladbach's Neustadter signs with Schalke 04 - Jan 11, 2012
- Dortmund reaches semifinals at German Cup - Feb 08, 2012
- Modric is Man U's prime summer target - Jan 22, 2012
- Leverkusen shock Chelsea; Arsenal, Valencia win (Roundup) - Nov 24, 2011
- Scholes returns to Manchester United - Jan 09, 2012
Tags: alex ferguson, city rivals, english premier league, football squad, german champions, good eye, japan, june 23, kagawa, man utd, manager alex ferguson, manchester city, manchester united, massive club, medical test, midfielder, olympic football, premiership winners, shinji, south africa