Japan women beat India 4-1 in hockey TestMarch 21st, 2010 - 7:26 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 21 (IANS) Japan beat India 4-1 in the second women’s hockey Test at the Gifu Green Stadium, Kakamigahara, Japan, Sunday. The hosts lead the four-match series 2-0.
Japan beat India 3-0 in the first match Friday. They Sunday opened their account with a penalty corner goal by Kaya Tameto in the second minute and maintained the lead till the breather.
Th hosts stretched the lead to 2-0 with another penalty corner strike, this time by Kama Nagayama in the 44th minute.
Rani narrowed the gap for India four minutes later when she struck a field goal.
However, two quick goals by Japan’s Mie Nakashima and Kama Nagayama in the 57th and 62nd minutes dashed any chances of Indian fightback.
Japan earned eight penalty corners against two for the Indians.
The third Test match will be played Monday.
- Indian women hold Japan in last hockey Test - Mar 24, 2010
- Indian women's hockey team loses to Japan - Mar 19, 2010
- India beat South Africa 6-5 in hockey Test - Jul 09, 2012
- India beat Azerbaijan 3-0 in third hockey Test - Jan 18, 2012
- India lose to Spain in second hockey Test - Jul 08, 2012
- Indian women beat Canada 4-1 in Olympic hockey qualifiers (Lead) - Feb 19, 2012
- India eves in final of junior Asia Cup - Jul 06, 2012
- Indian women's hockey team thrashed 2-5 by Australia - Apr 19, 2012
- India lose 1-2 to Germany in women's U-21 hockey - Nov 11, 2011
- Indian eves thrash Singapore 9-0 in junior Asia Cup hockey - Jun 29, 2012
- India suffer humiliating 1-3 loss to Pakistan in Azlan Shah Hockey (Lead) - May 11, 2011
- India, Spain share six goals in first Test - Jul 06, 2012
- Asian Games hockey: Indian women's team lose tamely to Japan (Lead) - Nov 24, 2010
- India come from behind to hold South Africa 3-3, win series 3-1 - Jan 22, 2012
- Indian women lose to Japan in hockey - Mar 22, 2010