Jansher caught with 19 bottles of liquorNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:46 am ICT by admin
When he disembarked at the Islamabad Airport via PIA flight PK-782 from London, a custom official found 19 bottles of liquor from his luggage.
Sources said that Jansher tried to convince the official to let him go, as he was a national hero.
However, they added, the concerned official refused to grant any leniency and said that law was same for all citizens.
Jansher was also made to sit at Customs office at Islamabad Airport for around half an hour in this connection. Later, he was released and the liquor was confiscated.
Commenting on the news, Jansher confessed and said he had brought liquor for his Australian friend scheduled to visit him in near future.
“My former manager Graig had requested me to arrange for him imported whisky during his stay with me here and that’s why I brought it from London,” he said.
Jansher said that Graig was due to visit Pakistan along with his wife and mother to sign a contract with him for managing his tour around the world.
He alleged that the Pakistan Squash Federation was behind this incident as it wanted to defame him, The Nation reported.
Secretary Pakistan Squash Federation (PSF), Shamsul Haq, however, denied the allegation and told the reporter: “I learnt this news from you”. (ANI)
- Legend Jahangir declines Pakistan squash federation offer - Dec 10, 2010
- Pakistan rope in legend Jansher Khan for squash revival - Dec 22, 2010
- World squash body probing Pakistan's visa fiasco - Jul 22, 2011
- Pakistan to miss world junior squash after players refused visa - Jul 12, 2011
- Pakistan expected to struggle in Asian Squash - Apr 28, 2012
- Pakistani dies of heart attack on plane - Apr 13, 2012
- Pakistani plane diverted as man suffers stroke - Jun 12, 2011
- Aamir hailed as new star of Pakistan squash - Nov 22, 2009
- Illicit liquor manufacturing unit unearthed, six held - Feb 05, 2011
- It's raining liquor scams in Pak! - Nov 01, 2010
- World squash event cancelled due to Pakistan floods - Aug 27, 2010
- Dog scare at Pakistani Kashmir airport! - Jan 11, 2012
- Spurious Scotch lands six in Goa jail - Oct 04, 2011
- Vijay Mallya 'hand-carries century old bottles of whisky to Glasgow' - Jan 15, 2011
- 10 injured as plane makes emergency landing in Lahore - Aug 31, 2012
Tags: allegation, australian friend, confiscated, customs office, defame, graig, half an hour, islamabad airport, leniency, liquor, national hero, pakistan, pia, pk, psf, returning home, squash federation, squash tournament, whisky