James Ellington looks for a sponsor on eBayDecember 7th, 2011 - 10:00 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
London, Dec 7 (THAINDIAN NEWS) A British athlete has turned to an unusual source to seek training funding. Sprinter James Ellington says he needs £30,000 to train for the upcoming Olympics which will be held in London next year.
Ellington is coming from injury so that means he missed the opportunity get early sponsorship. Nonetheless, Ellington believes he will make it to the Great Britain team that will take part in the Olympic Game.
Taking his plight on the auction site eBay, Ellington believes that he might get the attention of an organization of individual to help fund his training. He revealed that his action is the last resort after he failed to get help from sponsors after sending letters and other forms of request.
He told Sky Sports News Radio that, “Basically I’m trying to get sponsorship to train full-time for next year’s Olympics. I’ve tried the traditional way of sending out emails and letters with no response so I had to try something different to get my name out there to gain the interest and so far it’s looking pretty good so fingers crossed.”
He told announced that he missed out on sponsorship after he suffered injury. Ellington is one of Britain’s hopefuls in the sprint at the next Olympic Games. He holds the record for the second-best 200 meter time in the United Kingdom.
- Olympics: Bolt admits to pressure ahead of 100m conquest - Aug 07, 2012
- Olympics: Bolt hopes to 'continue flying' - Jul 28, 2012
- We have not thought of pulling out of Olympics: Maken - Mar 21, 2012
- Campbell-Brown eyes Rio 2016 despite London disappointment - Aug 14, 2012
- Shooter Joydeep Karmakar: The mind will go where the spirit takes it (Interview) - Aug 28, 2012
- Oz sprint coach says Thorpe must shed kilos for Olympics comeback - Feb 04, 2011
- Sprint legend Quarrie says team support boosted Jamaica - Aug 22, 2012
- Pound's drug remark about Jamaican athletes rubbished - Aug 15, 2012
- Athlete beau inspires Brook to workout - Aug 21, 2012
- Kenya eyeing relay triumph at London - Apr 18, 2012
- Kenya returns to Olympic 4x400m men's relay - Jul 18, 2012
- Running in Olympics is like wining gold for Afghan girl - Aug 04, 2012
- Confident Bolt reminds fans of big day status - Aug 26, 2011
- Bolt wants to break his records to become legend at 2012 Olympic Games in London - Sep 01, 2010
- Carl Lewis doubts Bolt's Olympics 100m title defence - Jul 15, 2012
Tags: auction site, britain team, british athlete, ebay, fingers, full time, great britain, hopefuls, james ellington, last resort, meter time, news radio, olympic game, olympic games, olympics, plight, sky sports, sky sports news, sponsorship, sprint