James Bond to open London OlympicsApril 1st, 2012 - 8:25 pm ICT by IANS
London, April 1 (IANS) Actor Daniel Craig has been invited by Queen Elizabeth to open the 2012 London Olympics as super spy James Bond.
The highly anticipated sporting event is set to be introduced by a short film titled “The Arrival” starring Craig, who has been appointed to open the ceremony, reports the sun.co.uk.
Her Majesty will reportedly do a cameo in the film.
Oscar winner Danny Boyle is serving as creative director of the opening ceremony and will work behind the scenes to ensure that the film remarins unforgettable.
- Olympics: Queen 'Bonds' with Craig at opening ceremony - Jul 28, 2012
- London Games opening ceremony kicks-off at 9 p.m. - Jul 26, 2012
- Rahman to rock Olympics with Punjabi beats! - Jun 30, 2012
- Boyle's Olympic creation narrative of British history (Roundup) - Jul 28, 2012
- Spectacular, innovative opening to 2012 London Olympics (Second Lead) - Jul 28, 2012
- Queen Elizabeth II declares London Games open (Lead) - Jul 28, 2012
- William, Harry didn't know queen was 'Bond girl' - Aug 04, 2012
- Danny Boyle dating 'Sin City' star - Aug 05, 2012
- Boyle dating Dawson? - Aug 05, 2012
- 'Isles of Wonder' theme of Olympic's opening ceremony - Jan 28, 2012
- Zoo animals have their own games (Olympic diary) - Aug 10, 2012
- Dame Judi Dench to return as James Bond's boss - Jan 29, 2011
- Opening ceremony a warm-up act for Games: Danny Boyle - Jul 28, 2012
- New 'James Bond' movie named 'Skyfall' - Nov 03, 2011
- Daniel Craig 'gagging to go' for next Bond film - Jul 23, 2011
Tags: 2012 london olympics, april 1, cameo, creative director, daniel craig, danny boyle, film oscar, james bond, majesty, olympics, opening ceremony, oscar winner, queen elizabeth, short film, spy, sun