Jalen Rose sentenced to 20 days behind barsJuly 28th, 2011 - 1:20 am ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Bloomfield Hills, Mich, July 27 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Former basketball star Jalen Rose has been handed 20 days jail sentence for drunk driving. District Court Judge Kimberly Small sentenced Rose to 92 days in prison for drunken-driving crash in Detroit. 72 of the days have been suspended but Rose will have to serve the 20 remaining days in jail.
When Rose appeared before the court in May, he pleaded guilty. The charge followed a crash in March on the West Bloomfield Township road. When the police checked the blood alcohol of Rose, it was realized that he had an alcohol level of 0.12 which is higher than the legally allowed level of 0.08.
Judge Small jailed Rose despite pleas from several personalities including Detroit Mayor Dave Bing. A letter sent personally by the mayor said, “I fully believe Jalen was being truthful to me when he stated, `I will never drink and drive again or ever be in any other court for any violation of the law.”‘
During sentencing on Wednesday, Small said that, “You’re not here because you drank. I have no problem with that; have at it. I do mind when you get behind the wheel of a two-ton vehicle and use it as a weapon against the rest of us.”
Rose worked as a broadcaster for ESPN.
- Robert F. Kennedy Jr.'s wife pleads guilty to impaired driving - Jul 23, 2010
- US teen busted for DUI while dressed as breathalyser given 90-day jail term - Feb 05, 2011
- Rodney King is under house arrest for reckless driving - Feb 29, 2012
- Lohan sentenced to 30 days jail - Nov 03, 2011
- Wrong way M5 driver Deborah Hunt sentenced - Sep 07, 2011
- Michael Johnson Charged With Fourth Degree For Driving Drunk At 178 Mph - Aug 20, 2010
- Barefoot Bandit' jailed for 7 years - Dec 20, 2011
- Geneva Mayor Kevin Burns fined for causing crash - Feb 09, 2011
- Gazza's eight-week jail sentence suspended by Newcastle court - Dec 10, 2010
- Judge finds burglars 'courageous', lets one walk free - Sep 06, 2012
- Warrant Issued Against Lindsay Lohan Again! - Jun 10, 2010
- Singh apologises to Oz family for helping killer driver flee to India - Feb 18, 2011
- Pakistani ringleader jailed for raping girl 30 times - Jun 22, 2012
- Kwame Kilpatrick Sentenced To Jail For 5 Years - May 26, 2010
- Drunken Delta Air Lines pilot jailed for 6 months in UK - Jan 24, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,