Jack Nicklaus convinced about Tiger Woods overtaking himJune 14th, 2009 - 5:52 pm ICT by ANI
New York, June 14 (ANI): Jack Nicklaus, one of the most successful professional golfers of all time, believes that the current World No.1 golfer Tiger Woods will overtake his record of 18 major championships and will continue rip all records to bits.
“I suspect Major No.15 will come to Tiger Woods this week, if he keeps driving the ball the way he has been - I’m sure it will. If not, it would surprise me greatly,” the Daily Star quoted Nicklaus, as saying.
If Woods wins here at Bethpage Black in New York, it would be his 15th Major victory, which will place him just three behind Nicklaus.
Nicklaus also noticed a slight variation in Woods swing. He contrasted Woods’ swing from last year and said it was much improved, partially because Woods kept his hips in the proper rotation.
“If Woods’ swing looks different, that’s because it probably is. The way Woods drove the ball might be the best seen from him. His right side looks good, accepting the weight. He has connected his leg strength and it’s all looking great,” Nicklaus said.
Nicklaus also praised the way Woods has made full recovery from a reconstructive left knee surgery, which kept him out for almost eight months. (ANI)
- Woods and McIlroy to face-off in China - Aug 29, 2012
- Tiger Woods can surpass my majors record, says Jack Nicklaus - May 26, 2010
- Nicklaus says Woods will 'figure it out' - Dec 11, 2009
- Tiger Woods can bounce back to the top in 2011: Atwal - Nov 19, 2010
- Is golf is giving up on Tiger Woods? - Jul 19, 2010
- Tiger Woods unveils iPhone app to help fans swing like him - Mar 26, 2011
- Woods says he can win Augusta, aiming for gold standard of Jack Nicklaus - Apr 06, 2011
- Golfing legend Nicklaus says let 'great golfer' Woods' private life remain private - Jul 14, 2010
- Jack Nicklaus Feels It Will Be Difficult For Tiger Woods To Break His Record - Jan 10, 2010
- Nicklaus says Woods will now struggle to match his record of 18 majors - Jan 10, 2010
- Woods eyes Jack Nicklaus' record of 18 Majors - Jun 16, 2010
- Youngest Junior Amateur golfer breaks Tiger Woods record - Aug 01, 2010
- Tiger Woods Cannot Miss The Masters: Jack Nicklaus - Mar 04, 2010
- Colin Montgomerie Hopes Tiger Woods Will Make A Comeback Soon - Jan 04, 2010
- Tiger Woods working on improving his life and game - Mar 18, 2011