I’ve realised I can also fail: SRKMay 30th, 2012 - 9:17 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, May 30 (IANS) Shah Rukh Khan, who is on a high after Kolkata Knight Riders’ won the fifth season of Indian Premier League (IPL), says his bad experiences have made him realise that failure is part of life and that one shouldn’t blame anyone for it.
“In last five years, I have changed and realised I can also fail,” Shah Rukh told reporters Wednesday when he was asked what he has learned from failure and controversies.
“I had not faced failure for many years and it (failure) has made me humble… you can’t get angry and say the world is wrong and we have to realise failure is part of our life… failure and success are not permanent,” he added.
He was speaking at a press conference organised at his residence Mannat here. This was his first press conference after his IPL win.
The past few months have not been favourable for Shah Rukh — from his home production “RA.One” not getting positive response at the box office to him getting into a brawl with director Shirish Kunder to being banned from Wankhede Stadium for five years over his alleged misbehaviour with security personnel and MCA officials — the actor has been courting controversies.
But lady luck smiled on SRK when Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) won the final match Sunday against Chennai Super Kings (CSK). He co-owns the team with actress Juhi Chawla and her businessman husband Jai Mehta.
When asked what was going on in his mind during the last overs, he said: “I don’t remember the last six balls.. I was only praying to Allah Miyan… I was having a personal conversation with Allah Miyan… cricket pe you don’t have any control…(daughter) Suhana asked, ‘Will we win the match?’ And I just hugged her… every time she had come to see the match, we won… I have always told my kids hard work pays… the entire night I watched the match (replays)… three times with Juhi and her husband.”
- I can also fail, ashamed of Wankhede scuffle: SRK (Roundup) - May 30, 2012
- SRK ashamed of Wankhede brawl, says he's no role model - May 30, 2012
- KKR wins IPL title, B-town cheers SRK - May 28, 2012
- Wrong to call me 'badshah of cricket', says SRK - May 30, 2012
- Would never release a film during IPL: Shah Rukh - Apr 03, 2012
- I apologise for my actions at MCA: Shah Rukh Khan - May 28, 2012
- KKR goes all out to engage fans - Apr 03, 2012
- SRK drunk and abusive? MCA says yes, star says no (Roundup) - May 17, 2012
- Juhi Chawla stunned as Shah Rukh turns up on time - Feb 14, 2012
- Shah Rukh tries to put an end to comparison with Ganguly - May 15, 2012
- Sourav, Shah Rukh display camaraderie at Eden - May 06, 2012
- SRK eyes stake in I-League champions Dempo (Evening Lead) - Jun 01, 2012
- BCCI will decide on SRK ban: Rajiv Shukla - May 18, 2012
- Shah Rukh again apologises for Wankhede brawl - May 29, 2012
- SRK mum on Poonam Pandey's dare-bare act - May 30, 2012
Tags: allah, chennai, controversies, favourable, fifth season, final match, ipl, jai mehta, juhi chawla, kkr, knight riders, kunder, lady luck, match replays, misbehaviour, miyan, personal conversation, premier league, security personnel, shah rukh khan