I’ve made many errors, admits Tiger Woods (Lead)August 26th, 2010 - 2:26 pm ICT by IANS
New York, Aug 26 (IANS) Two days after former model Elin Nordegren divorced him, disgraced golfer Tiger Woods confessed he had many mistakes but didn’t say if he still loved his former wife.
“You don’t ever go into a marriage looking to get divorced. I’ve made a lot of errors in my life and it’s something I have to live with,” Woods said a day before The Barclays tournament begins in Paramus, New Jersey.
Woods was asked if he still loved Nordegren but he did not answer the question, nypost.com reports.
Nordegren told People magazine earlier that she had “been through hell” dealing with reports of her ex-husband’s numerous affairs.
In response, Woods said: “I understand that she’s sad and I feel the same way.”
The couple officially announced their divorce Monday.
Swedish Nordegren said she “feels stronger than I ever have” following the split.
She said she and Woods tried for months to reconcile but in the end a marriage “without trust and love” wasn’t good for anyone, she said in her first interview since it was revealed last November that Woods bedded several women.
Last year, on Thanksgiving night, Woods drove his SUV into a tree outside his Florida driveway, setting off a series of shocking revelations that the golf superstar had been cheating on his wife.
Post their divorce, Woods has praised his ex-wife as a “supportive” and “wonderful mother”.
“This is a very painful, personal and private time for our family. Throughout this entire time, Elin has shown unwavering concern and support for our children. She is a wonderful mother,” aceshowbiz.com quoted him as saying.
“I know that the two of us will do everything we can to help our children adjust to this new family situation,” he said.
“We both cherish the time we can spend with Sam and Charlie. Whether it’s taking Sam to school or hitting balls with Charlie on the range, nothing gives me more enjoyment than these simple pleasures. We have two special kids, and I’m going to enjoy every minute with them.
“Personally, I am learning to balance family and golf. My children come first and always will, but I also appreciate golf more than ever. I understand how important the fans and the game are to me. I know how lucky I am to do what I do for a living, and I am deeply grateful for everyone who has supported me.”
- Tiger Woods heaps praise on ex-wife - Aug 26, 2010
- Woods' ex-wife to launch mental clinic for kids - Aug 30, 2010
- Tiger Woods's ex-wife buys house worth $12 mn - Mar 20, 2011
- Tiger Woods more sad than relieved about divorce - Aug 26, 2010
- Tiger Woods' ex-missus celebrates first birthday post divorce - Jan 02, 2011
- Tiger Woods, wife discussing divorce - Apr 22, 2010
- Elin Nordegren To Holiday With Kids During Christmas - Dec 14, 2010
- Tiger Woods wife Elin Nordegren is back in Florida with her children - Jan 12, 2010
- Tiger Woods' ex-wife says she feels stronger than ever after divorce - Aug 25, 2010
- Tiger Woods has new girlfriend - Mar 21, 2011
- Tiger Woods' Wife Gets $750 Million In Divorce Settlement? - Jul 01, 2010
- Tiger Woods' ex-wife goes hunting for new $5m pad in Florida - Oct 06, 2010
- Tiger Woods says being around his kids is 'greatest thing in the world' - Feb 10, 2011
- Tiger Woods 'possessive' about ex Elin Nordegren - Jan 14, 2011
- Tiger Woods' wife will stand by her man, says friend - Dec 10, 2009
Tags: balls, barclays, divorce, elin nordegren, family situation, former model, golfer tiger woods, hell, last november, marriage, paramus new jersey, people magazine, private time, shocking revelations, simple pleasures, superstar, thanksgiving, thanksgiving night, tiger, wonderful mother