ITV is in talks with BT to show Premier League gamesAugust 22nd, 2012 - 6:54 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
London, Aug 22 (THAINDIAN NEWS) For the first time in history, the ITV will now be showing the Premier League games. This was a conclusion that came up after the ITV had some kind of discussion pertaining the games telecast.
BT has been hosting talks about allowing the ITV broadcast to show the premier league games. The ITV will be expected to always show the final results of a game and produce the total coverage of the game. The ITV manage to secure the showing of the games by paying up $738 million which is the value that allowed them to screen on the terrestrial channel.
The BT pleas to be allowed to show a sample that will lead as an example to the ITV’ s for them to show the games in the best way. They will as well allow the broadcast to be showing one of the most high profile games that will engage a lot of viewers.
BT signed a contract that they will be the main organizations that will be conducting the viewing of the premier league games for three years and they hope that they will push on to greater heights. They have posted different kinds of ideas that will enable them to maneuver to the market and gain the customers.
- News channels end boycott following pact with IPL - Mar 12, 2010
- ITV escapes legal action over video game IRA footage - Oct 03, 2011
- UAE's YahLive network launches sports channel - Aug 08, 2012
- Star Group bags TV rights of BCCI - Apr 02, 2012
- DD left with permanent legacy after CWG - Oct 27, 2010
- Al Qaeda Threat: Coronation Street Live Episode - Dec 10, 2010
- Doordarshan delights with no ad-breaks during CWG closing ceremony - Oct 14, 2010
- Advani, Merchant win twice as World Snooker Championship begins - Nov 28, 2011
- 24.5 million watched royal wedding on terrestrial TV - May 01, 2011
- No licence to any Indian channel: Pakistani minister - Aug 02, 2011