It would be foolish to dope during Olympics: BOA bossJuly 22nd, 2012 - 6:50 pm ICT by IANS
London, July 22 (IANS) British Olympic Association chairman Colin Moynihan says that anyone caught doping at the London Olympics must be stupid.
“If you get caught at the Games then you have to be the dopiest of dopers. If you take, for example, three weeks before Games knowing there is going to be widespread testing, then you have got to have a brick loose,” Moynihan was quoted as saying by Xinhua.
“Anyone who has gone out of their way to cheat at these Games is likely to have done so a long time ago and to have used masking agents or to have got it completely out of their system. You really have to be really foolish to get caught for doping during the Games,” commented Moynihan who added that the current two-year ban for a first serious drugs offence needed to be toughened.
“I think a two-year ban without missing Games for a serious drugs offence is not a place where the world of sport should be at all. It is wrong and it must be changed,” he added.
- BOA recommends changes to world anti-doping code - Apr 12, 2012
- I thought I'd got away, says dope-tainted cyclist - Aug 04, 2012
- British Olympic chief defends Chinese swimmer Ye - Jul 31, 2012
- Olympics: Uzbek gymnast provisionally suspended for doping - Jul 29, 2012
- Olympics: Uzbek gymnast suspended for doping (Lead) - Jul 29, 2012
- Olympic cycling: Russian cyclist Baranova expelled for doping - Aug 04, 2012
- IOC 'sad' at dope suspicion over Chinese swimmer - Jul 31, 2012
- Jamaica defends its anti-doping programme - Aug 18, 2012
- Over 100 athletes got London doping bans: WADA - Jul 26, 2012
- Jamaican sprinter Mullings gets lifetime ban for doping offence - Nov 22, 2011
- Former Tour de France winner Jan Ullrich banned for 2 years - Feb 09, 2012
- Dope cheats must withdraw from Olympics: WADA - Jul 11, 2012
- Olympics: Chinese anti-doping official warns athletes - Jul 24, 2012
- Five fresh doping cases in athletics, IOA orders probe (Lead) - Jun 30, 2011
- Albanian lifter banned from London for steroids - Jul 28, 2012