Is love keeping Maria Sharapova away from tennis circuit?February 11th, 2009 - 6:09 pm ICT by ANI
London, Feb 11 (ANI): Rumours are making rounds that Maria Sharapovas mind is not set on tennis these days, because shes concentrating too much on love.
Sharapova no longer obeys her father Yuri and is devoting all her attention to a mystery man, according to Dzhamal Chakvetadze, father of tennis player Russian Anna Chakvetadze.
“Maria’’s mind is just not set on tennis these days, it’’s all set on love. I talked to her father Yuri several days ago, the Daily Express quoted Chakvetadze, as telling a Moscow newspaper.
“He’’s upset. He’’s lost all his influence on his daughter. Maria doesn”t listen to him any more.
She is in the middle of a love affair and doesn”t need anyone except for this guy.
I understand Yuri’’s feelings very well since I have my own daughter of about the same age,” he added. (ANI)
- Putin congratulates Sharapova on French Open victory - Jun 10, 2012
- After French win, Sharapova eyes Wimbledon - Jun 24, 2012
- Sharapova stoic about losing No.1 spot - Jul 03, 2012
- I feared I was pregnant: Sharapova - Aug 28, 2012
- Olympic tennis: Sharapova in women's singles final - Aug 04, 2012
- Maria Sharapova opens up a candy business - Aug 21, 2012
- Maria Sharapova's new haircut sparks internet frenzy - Apr 18, 2012
- Murray's fairytale Wimbledon victory fit for a Queen - Jun 24, 2010
- Sharapova beats Kvitova to enter French Open final (Lead) - Jun 08, 2012
- Sharapova to cut her hair only on retiring - Jun 09, 2012
- Kiwi TV journalist continues to 'stalk' Maria Sharapova - Jan 18, 2011
- Sharapova reaches final of Miami tennis tournament - Apr 01, 2011
- Sharapova could carry Russian flag in Olympics - Jun 13, 2012
- Henin ousts Sharapova at French Open - May 30, 2010
- Olympic tennis: Williams sets up final with Sharapova - Aug 04, 2012