Is Cliff Lee going to be traded to the Texas Rangers?July 31st, 2012 - 6:37 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
New York, July 31 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Rumors have been having it for a while that Cliff Lee a starting pitcher of the Philadelphia Phillies was going to be traded to the Texas Rangers. Sources however say that the deal is dicey.
Jayson Stark from ESPN.com even mentioned on twitter that the chances of that happening are less than 1 percent. It is in the grapevine that the Texas Rangers are looking for options ahead of the trading deadline that has already been set. Colby Lewis who is a starter for the Rangers will not be around for the season and the Rangers are therefore looking around for all the options that they can get.
Roy Oswalt will not be able to deal with everything since he is battling with back problem issues and therefore the Rangers need to find him some kind of assistance. Cliff Lee still has three years with the Philadelphia Phillies as it is stated in his contract and there are therefore no chances of him leaving them, anytime soon.
Rumors that the Phillies had put Lee on the market have started dying down after there was confirmation on Monday that his deal with the Phillies is still intact and that they have not put him up on the market.
- Texas Rangers Makes Prosperous Offers To Cliff Lee - Dec 10, 2010
- Texas Rangers land Ryan Dempster - Aug 01, 2012
- Phillies Defeats Dodgers In Game 3 - Oct 19, 2009
- Cliff Lee Creates History At The World Series Opener - Oct 29, 2009
- Jarrod Saltalamacchia Traded To Boston Red Sox - Aug 01, 2010
- Ron Washington Shows Pride For His Rangers - Oct 23, 2010
- World Series 2010 Has Been Scheduled - Oct 23, 2010
- Washington Nationals Rope In Jayson Werth For A Whopping $126 Million Deal - Dec 06, 2010
- Blake Beavan To Play For Texas Rangers - Jul 10, 2010
- Giants Knocks Down Phillies In Game 6 Of NLCS - Oct 25, 2010