Iran is now a nuclear country: AhmadinejadDecember 29th, 2010 - 4:37 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Dec 29 (ANI): Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has said that Iran is now a nuclear country implying that Iran has achieved nuclear know-how for energy purposes.
The United States and its allies have been exerting political pressure and have issued resolutions against Iran over its nuclear program, however, all their efforts have failed and Iran has now become a nuclear country, Ahmadinejad was quoted as saying by the local satellite Press TV.
Addressing a crowd in the northern city of Karaj on Tuesday, the Iranian president said that cooperation rather than confrontation is the only way to resolve Iran’s nuclear energy program, according to the report.
“We are open to cooperation based on our rights,” Xinhua quoted Ahmadinejad, as saying.
He warned Western countries that Iran would give a regretting response to anyone who “intends to prevent Iran from achieving its rights,” according to Press TV.
Ahmadinejad dismissed the sanction resolutions passed by the United Nations against Iran as illegal, and added that sanctions would only “strengthen the Iranian nation and accelerate the pace of our progress.” (ANI)
- Iran is now a nuclear state: Ahmadinejad - Dec 30, 2010
- President Ahmadinejad says Iran has become a nuclear state - Dec 29, 2010
- Iran unveils nuclear achievements, cuts oil exports (Lead) - Feb 15, 2012
- European Union approves new sanctions against Iran - Jul 26, 2010
- European Parliament calls for sanctions against Iran's human rights abuses - Feb 02, 2011
- Iran to send man into space by 2019 - Jul 24, 2010
- European parliament urges Russia, China to back Iran sanctions - Feb 03, 2012
- Iran marks 33rd anniversary of Islamic Revolution - Feb 12, 2012
- US turning countries against Iran: Ahmadinejad - Apr 05, 2012
- Iran to install fuel rods in n-reactor Wednesday - Feb 15, 2012
- Ahmadinejad to unveil nuclear achievements Wednesday - Feb 15, 2012
- Amid Western pressure, India, Iran seek closer economic ties (Roundup) - May 31, 2012
- Iran should cooperate with IAEA : UN chief - Feb 18, 2012
- Mutual trust key to US-Iran talks on Afghanistan, Taliban, nuke programme: Ahmadinejad - Sep 20, 2010
- Iran does not need assassinations: Ahmadinejad - Oct 16, 2011
Tags: allies, confrontation, cooperation, energy program, energy purposes, iran, iranian nation, iranian president mahmoud, iranian president mahmoud ahmadinejad, karaj, mahmoud ahmadinejad, New Delhi, nuclear energy, nuclear program, president mahmoud ahmadinejad, resolutions, sanction, sanctions, western countries, xinhua