IPL play-offs’ proceeds to be distributed among former cricketersApril 3rd, 2012 - 11:19 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, April 3 (IANS) Indian cricket board president N.Srinivasan Tuesday promised to help 185 Indian cricketers with the proceeds from the four play-off stage matches of the Indian Premier League (IPL).
During the opening ceremony of the IPL, Srinivasan said the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) will be distributing the proceeds among 185 international and domestic cricketers.
“The proceeds from the play-off matches will be distributed among former cricketers, who have represented India at the international level and also among domestic players. The BCCI will give a one time assistance to those cricketers and around 185 Indian cricketers will benefit. It is a small gesture from the BCCI to all those who have done yoeman’s service to Indian cricket,” he said.
Standing alongside the nine IPL team captains, Srinivasan said it was a proud moment for him.
“It is a proud moment for me to stand here on this stage with nine captains. IPL has gone from strength to strength and has become one of the premier tournament of the world,” he said.
Srinivasan also said that IPL has helped the BCCI to develop infrastructure for the sport all over the country.
“We distribute proceeds from the IPL to all the state associations to build infrastructure. BCCI spends substantial amount on helping to develop the game at the grass roots,” he said.
- IPL rides high on glamour quotient at fifth season's opener (Lead) - Apr 04, 2012
- Bollywood, Katy Perry open IPL-V (Roundup) - Apr 04, 2012
- BCCI's new chief denies any conflict of interest - Sep 20, 2011
- Ready to walk extra mile, but rules can't be bent: BCCI - Feb 13, 2012
- BCCI to clear issues with Sahara through dialogue (Roundup) - Feb 06, 2012
- Cannot make exceptions for Sahara in IPL: BCCI president (Lead) - Feb 13, 2012
- Pakistan's domestic T20 winners to play in Champions League: BCCI - May 12, 2012
- BCCI lodges complaint against Lalit Modi - Oct 13, 2010
- Star Group bags TV rights of BCCI - Apr 02, 2012
- BCCI extends contract with Nimbus till 2014 - Jan 15, 2010
- No one can doubt my integrity, says Srinivasan - May 26, 2010
- Former captains pay rich tributes to Dravid at BCCI ceremony - Mar 27, 2012
- Lalit Modi accuses BCCI president-elect of fixing things for CSK - May 19, 2011
- BCCI to consult lawyers on Bombay High Court's decision - Dec 14, 2010
- Srinivasan takes charge as BCCI president; terminates Kochi's contract (Lead) - Sep 19, 2011
Tags: board president, game, gesture, grass roots, india bcci, indian cricket board, indian cricketers, infrastructure, ipl, opening ceremony, premier league, proceeds, proud moment, srinivasan, state associations, strength to strength, team captains, time assistance