IPL molestation case: Victim’s fiancee backs her versionMay 20th, 2012 - 10:58 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 20 (IANS) The statement of the fiancee of an American woman, who was allegedly molested in a five-star hotel here by IPL cricketer Luke Pomersbach, has corroborated her version on the incident, police said Sunday.
Sahil Peerzada’s statement backed that of his fiancee Zohail Hameed, in her mid-20s, who was allegedly molested at the ITC Maurya Hotel here early Friday morning by Pomersbach, 27, a Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) team’s Australian player.
“We recorded his (Peerzada’s) statement yesterday (Saturday) and he said that he had been assaulted by Pomersbach, furious over his objection to the cricketer’s molestation of his fiancee,” a police officer said.
The incident took place when Pomersbach is said to have entered a hotel room, accompanied by the woman, Peerzada, who is in his 30s, and another person identified as Miraj, police said.
Investigators also want to question Miraj. “We have called Miraj for questioning as he is in Mumbai right now and he is expected to be here in a couple of days…the case (probe) would be concluded soon,” added the official.
Pomersbach is alleged to have molested Hameed and beaten Peerzada and injured him when he tried to restrain the player.
On Friday, Delhi Police registered a case of molestation against Pomersbach, who has been released on bail by a city court. He told reporters he was disappointed with the allegations against him.
A doctor attending on Peerzada said he could be discharged from the hospital soon as his condition had improved.
- Pomersbach's lawyer denies he has confessed (Second Lead, Superseding earlier story) - May 21, 2012
- Pomersbach admits to molesting US woman (Lead) - May 21, 2012
- IPL molestation case: Peerzada discharged from hospital - May 21, 2012
- RCB owner Sidhartha Mallya gets legal notice for tweets - May 19, 2012
- IPL player Luke Pomersbach gets bail (Lead) - May 19, 2012
- RCB player Luke Pomersbach gets bail - May 19, 2012
- Court reserves order on bail of Pomersbach - May 19, 2012
- Luke Pomersbach admits to molesting US woman - May 21, 2012
- American woman goes to Delhi women's panel against Mallya - May 19, 2012
- Australian IPL player arrested for molesting woman, claims innocence (Third Lead) - May 18, 2012
- IPL player gets bail, American woman sends Mallya legal notice (Roundup) - May 19, 2012
- Double whammy hits IPL; player arrested, SRK banned from Wankhede (Roundup) - May 18, 2012
- Fiance of US woman better, could be released Sunday - May 19, 2012
- Double blow for IPL; player arrested, SRK banned from Wankhede (Intro Roundup) - May 18, 2012
- Double trouble for IPL; player arrested, SRK banned from Wankhede (Second Intro Roundup) - May 18, 2012
Tags: allegations, american woman, challengers, couple of days, cricketer, delhi police, fiancee, friday morning, hameed, hotel room, investigators, itc, maurya, mid 20s, molestation case, New Delhi, objection, police officer, sahil, star hotel