IPL Governing Council to discuss players’ auctionJanuary 3rd, 2011 - 9:43 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Jan 3 (IANS) With both Rajasthan Royals and Kings XI Punjab getting the green signal from the Bombay High Court to participate in the players’ auction, the Governing Council of the Indian Premier League (IPL) will meet here Wednesday to discuss the details of the Jan 8-9 bidding at Bangalore.Both Royals and Kings XI were expelled by the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) over ownership issues, but they got a reprieve from the high court to stay alive in the league and also to participate in the auction.
A top BCCI official told IANS that the Governing Council will meet at the Mumbai Cricket Association’s Bandra-Kurla Complex as the participation of both the franchises was subject to court orders.
“The Governing Council is expected to take stock of the situation after the two franchises were allowed to participate in the auction,” the official said.
Some 350 top cricketers from India and abroad would go under the hammer in Bangalore for the fourth season of the lucrative Twenty20 League.
- Bombay High Court upholds stay on Rajasthan Royals termination - Dec 14, 2010
- Bombay High Court stays Kings XI Punjab's termination from IPL - Dec 08, 2010
- Legal constraints prevent high bidding from Rajasthan Royals in IPL: Shetty - Jan 08, 2011
- 350 players to be auctioned for IPL-4 - Dec 29, 2010
- Kochi franchise informs IPL GC about inability to resolve ownership dispute - Nov 25, 2010
- BCCI to consult lawyers on Bombay High Court's decision - Dec 14, 2010
- Kochi IPL franchise gets a month to sort out ownership differences - Oct 27, 2010
- IPL ban: Rajasthan Royals files petition in Bombay High Court - Oct 27, 2010
- Kochi out of IPL, board likely to call for fresh bids - Nov 25, 2010
- Kochi IPL gets 30 days to resolve its problems - Oct 27, 2010
- In huge IPL shake-up, Rajasthan and Kings are axed (Roundup) - Oct 10, 2010
- BCCI allows Kochi to participate in IPL 4 - Dec 05, 2010
- Super Kings to start IPL title defence against Mumbai Indians - Jan 06, 2012
- Rajasthan Royals, Kings XI terminated from IPL (Lead) - Oct 10, 2010
- PCB chairman's visit revives Pakistan's IPL hopes - May 28, 2012