IPL became more competitive with addition of new teams: Murali KartikApril 20th, 2011 - 11:32 am ICT by ANI
Mumbai, Apr 20 (ANI): Sahara Pune Warriors spinner Murali Kartik has said that the inclusion of two new teams in the Indian Premier League has made the tournament a lot more competitive.
Addressing mediapersons in Mumbai, Kartik said: “Two new teams, some more players coming into the fray, definitely it has made it a lot more competitive. After the auction, talks were, two sides were very strong.
“In spite of that I think people have done their homework and have managed to put together good sides. And as I have said, on a given day if you certain things right in 20-20 cricket, you definitely cross the line as a winner.”
Sahara Pune Warriors will face Mumbai Indians at the Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai on Wednesday (April 20).
Responding to a poser on the Twenty-20 format of cricket, Kartik said both the batsmen and bowlers are getting used to it.
“We have got used to it, 60 yards, flat wickets, bigger bats, it is a bit of an unequal contest…that is what we have to content with and possibly, with all the bowlers, we have tried to survive in the game, and possibly, it can only get better for us, we are also trying to come to grips with doing different things,” added Kartik.
Also present in the news conference, was Geoff Marsh, the coach of Pune Warriors, who said since out of the four games played, his team has lost two and won two, he sees a fair chance of the team performing well in the next couple of matches.
Kartik also said, in a Twenty-20 game, bowlers tend to follow new tricks, especially when they are bowling to batsmen in the calibre of Sachin Tendulkar. (ANI)
- BCCI gives in, Sahara India back as Team India sponsor (Lead) - Feb 16, 2012
- BCCI softens stand on Sahara pull-out, ready for talks - Feb 06, 2012
- BCCI chief wants to reconcile with Sahara India (Lead) - Feb 06, 2012
- BCCI to clear issues with Sahara through dialogue (Roundup) - Feb 06, 2012
- Ready to walk extra mile, but rules can't be bent: BCCI - Feb 13, 2012
- Cannot make exceptions for Sahara in IPL: BCCI president (Lead) - Feb 13, 2012
- IPL Preview: Dice loaded in Super King's favour - Apr 18, 2012
- BCCI ropes in ex-president Manohar to solve Sahara crisis - Feb 14, 2012
- Positive outcome on Sahara by this week: IPL chief - Feb 15, 2012
- Sahara back as cricket Team India sponsor - Feb 16, 2012
- Pune Warriors banking on Clarke against Mumbai Indians - May 02, 2012
- Mumbai Indians sign Smith for injured Johnson - May 02, 2012
- Pandey to bolster Pune Warriors line-up - Apr 24, 2011
- Sahara hits back after BCCI rejcts its demands (Roundup) - Feb 13, 2012
- Smith, Dinda star in Pune Warriors' win against Mumbai Indians - Apr 06, 2012
Tags: auction, bats, bowlers, calibre, cricket, different things, four games, geoff marsh, homework, inclusion, indians, mumbai, news conference, premier league, pune, sahara, spite, wankhede stadium, warriors, wickets