IPL asks Pune Warriors to get others’ nod on foreign playersFebruary 22nd, 2012 - 10:13 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Feb 22 (IANS) The Indian Premier League (IPL) Governing Council has asked Sahara’s Pune Warriors franchise to “get consent” of the other franchisees for playing five foreign players in the fifth edition.
“Sahara has to get the consent of all other franchises and then the matter will be put before the working committee, which will take the final call,” IPL chairman Rajiv Shukla said after the league’s Governing Council meeting here Wednesday.
“All the issues which were discussed with Sahara were ratified by the Governing Council,” Shukla added.
Sahara and the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) called truce last week after the group pulled out of India’s team sponsorship and withdrew Pune Warriors from the IPL over differences with the board.
- BCCI softens stand on Sahara pull-out, ready for talks - Feb 06, 2012
- Sahara has not told BCCI about pullout officially: Shukla - Feb 04, 2012
- BCCI gives in, Sahara India back as Team India sponsor (Lead) - Feb 16, 2012
- Decision Monday on Sahara-BCCI dispute - Feb 12, 2012
- BCCI-Sahara truce (Fact file) - Feb 16, 2012
- Ready to walk extra mile, but rules can't be bent: BCCI - Feb 13, 2012
- BCCI chief wants to reconcile with Sahara India (Lead) - Feb 06, 2012
- BCCI to clear issues with Sahara through dialogue (Roundup) - Feb 06, 2012
- Sahara back as cricket Team India sponsor - Feb 16, 2012
- Modi slams BCCI president for Sahara's walkout - Feb 04, 2012
- No one ready to pay full sponsorship of Team India: Sahara - Feb 13, 2012
- Cannot make exceptions for Sahara in IPL: BCCI president (Lead) - Feb 13, 2012
- Double blow for BCCI, Sahara walks out of sponsorship deal, Pune Warriors (Roundup) - Feb 04, 2012
- Positive outcome on Sahara by this week: IPL chief - Feb 15, 2012
- BCCI ropes in ex-president Manohar to solve Sahara crisis - Feb 14, 2012
Tags: cricket, final call, franchise, franchisees, franchises, governing council meeting, india bcci, ipl, nod, premier league, rajiv shukla, sahara, team sponsorship, truce, warriors, working committee