Inzy keen to do “something special” in his last TestNovember 14th, 2007 - 1:48 am ICT by admin
“Being back with the team was very emotional for me, and the players are backing me to do something special. I just hope I can deliver for the team,” he said.
Stating that he would give his best to help the team win the match to give a “fitting farewell” to himself, Inzamam said: “Every player wants to end his career on a winning note. And given that we are one down in the series if I get a big score and help the team win it would be a memorable end to my career.”
The Daily Times quoted him as saying that the players in the side and new captain Shoaib Malik had been ‘wonderful’ to him after he joined and trained with them on Saturday and Sunday.
He said it was always difficult for a top sportsman to retire after years of competition. “It is never easy, it was difficult for me to take the decision to retire after this Test. But it gives me immense pleasure that I am retiring on a satisfying note because in Pakistan many of our former greats didn’t get an opportunity to retire gracefully,” he said.
Inzamam, who is playing his 120th Test match, needs 20 runs to surpass Javed Miandad’s record of 8,832 runs in 124 Tests for Pakistan. (ANI)
- PCB appoints Miandad as Pak team's 'batting consultant' - Nov 27, 2010
- Miandad to wait till end of West Indies series before considering Pak batting coach offer - Apr 06, 2011
- Inzamam blasts PCB for dividing Pak team into Afridi and Misbah camps - Jan 25, 2011
- World Cup winning captains relive historic moments - Dec 09, 2010
- Quarterfinal results of 2011 World Cup "really difficult to predict": Inzamam - Mar 23, 2011
- Miandad all praise for Indian PM's cricket diplomacy for 'friendlier' Indo-Pak ties - Mar 30, 2011
- Miandad refuses Afridi's request to join Pak team to New Zealand - Dec 13, 2010
- Ex-Pak greats blasts Afridi for hasty retirement - Jul 18, 2010
- Miandad rubbishes multiple coach theory - Aug 17, 2010
- Afridi wants to hang up his boots on a 2011 World Cup high - Dec 11, 2010
- Inzamam says Pak should win World Cup for Woolmer - Feb 21, 2011
- Afridi "not worried" about losing Pakistan captaincy - Jan 19, 2011
- Miandad decides against going with Pak team to NZ to avoid "conflict" with Waqar - Dec 10, 2010
- Rana Naved-ul-Hasan names Inzamam as best captain, Woolmer greatest coach - Apr 21, 2011
- Inzamam rubbishes allegations of masterminding players' rebellion against Younis - Jun 27, 2010