Investigation launched into Jordan Goddard’s FA Cup match behaviorNovember 18th, 2011 - 8:24 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
London, Nov 18 (THAINDIAN NEWS) English club Bristol Rovers has announced that they have launched investigation into the behavior of Jordan Goddard during the FA Cup match between the club and Corby Town.
Goddard reportedly went to the corner flag where about 500 opposing fans were seated and peed there. The incident disgusted the fans who registered their protest. There were about 3,800 fans at the stadium and the incident reportedly happened just before the first half whistle was blown.
One fan, 48-year-old James Crawford, has reported the incident to the police. Crawford was at the stadium with his 12-year-old son when the incident happened. He told The Sun that, “I’ve never seen anything like it. He was doing stretches, then put his hands in his shorts and pulled himself out. We shouted at him and he looked over and started laughing.”
Bristol Rovers has issued a statement saying they have launched an investigation into the incident. The club said they were notified by the fans and they will treat the incident as an internal matter.
The club’s spokeswoman told reporters that, “We are still checking whether there’s an offence to be looked at.”
Bristol Rovers won the game 3-1.
- Police probe racial gesture by Liverpool fan - Jan 29, 2012
- Madrid eyes Wenger, Loew after fallout with Mourinho - Jan 25, 2012
- Henry gets into altercation with Arsenal fan - Jan 16, 2012
- Worker dies at Jaguar Land Rover factory - Sep 27, 2011
- Angry England fans hit back at Rooney's f-word rant - Jun 19, 2010
- Liverpool, Chelsea under FA scanner for object thrown at Torres - Feb 08, 2011
- Capello resigns as England manager - Feb 09, 2012
- Roy Hodgson to take over as England soccer manager - May 02, 2012
- Injured UK Premier League footie fan dies in hospital - Feb 07, 2010
- Shebby Singh appointed Blackburn's football director - Jun 19, 2012
- Rooney won't play Euro 2012, Olympics: FA - Apr 22, 2012
- US state civic association elect canine as president! - Feb 21, 2011
- Wisconsinite Man Shoots His TV Due To Anger Over Bristol Palin's Dancing Victories So Far In DWTS - Nov 20, 2010
- Rovers told to show result by owners - Oct 09, 2011
- I peed in the woods: Jennifer Lawrence - Mar 20, 2012