Intikhab Alam criticizes ICC over Ajmal’s illegal bowling action issueApril 27th, 2009 - 2:22 pm ICT by ANI
Abu Dhabi, Apr.27 (ANI): Pakistan coach Intikhab Alam has criticised the International Cricket Council (ICC) for its inconsistency after off-spinner Saeed Ajmal was reported for illegal bowling action after Wednesday’s match against Australia.
“I think they (ICC) are lacking consistency in this process. He bowled exceptionally well and suddenly they decided that he has a problem with his action,” Alam said.
He said Ajmal’s action was no different from India’s Harbhajan Singh or Sri Lanka’s Muttiah Muralitharan, as he also bowls the ‘doosra’, the delivery which turns away from batsman, similar to these two spinners.
“Murali bowls such a delivery and he was cleared, Harbhajan was cleared and there is no difference between these two and Ajmal. I don’t agree that Ajmal bowls s different doosra, there is only one kind of doosra,” The News quoted Alam, as saying.
He said Ajmal would continue to play until a final decision on him is taken by the ICC.
“They can’t decide with the naked eye about an action, you need to see the footage, so after watching the footage we will see what happens, but we will continue to play him,” Alam said.
On-filed umpires Billy Bowden and Asad Rauf along with television umpire Zameer Haider had reported about Ajmal’s suspicious action after the second one-day international match against Australia in Dubai. (ANI)
- Saqlain backs Ajmal's doosra - Jan 24, 2012
- Ajmal to undergo biomechanical test before Twenty20 World Cup - May 08, 2009
- PCB may drop Ajmal from Twenty20 World Cup squad - May 16, 2009
- Holding's 'illegal Doosra' comments directed at Pak spinners "not prudent": Qasim - May 01, 2011
- "Doosra" cannot be bowled legally: Michael Holding - Apr 27, 2011
- Harbhajan has highly suspicious action, claims Hair - Aug 24, 2011
- PCB offers contracts to umpires for first time - Feb 16, 2012
- Windies star Shillingford's bowling action found to be illegal - Dec 21, 2010
- Praveen Kumar fined for breaching ICC code - Jul 30, 2011
- Raina fined for showing dissent - Jun 30, 2011
- Doosra cannot be bowled legally: Holding - Apr 27, 2011
- ICC clears Pak off-spinner Saeed's bowling action - May 25, 2009
- Referee rebukes Swann for kicking stumps - Jul 31, 2011
- Saheba, Tarapore to officiate in World Cup - Dec 12, 2010
- ICC comes to defence of Saeed Ajmal - Mar 19, 2012
Tags: abu dhabi, ajmal, asad, billy bowden, bowling action, consistency, doosra, final decision, harbhajan singh, inconsistency, India, international cricket council, intikhab alam, match, murali, naked eye, pakistan, spinners, sri lanka, umpire