Inter win, Klose salvages Lazio in Serie ADecember 11th, 2011 - 9:44 pm ICT by IANS
Rome, Dec 11 (IANS) Inter Milan registered a crucial 2-0 win over Fiorentina to lift themselves from Serie A’s relegation zone.
Former Fiorentina striker Giampaolo Pazzini scored the opener four minutes before the break, with Yuto Nagatomo adding the second four minutes after the interval.
Inter head coach Claudio Ranieri said his side got back up from the fall with a win, Xinhua reported.
The Nerazzurri had lost their last two home games in all competitions before taking on Fiorentina.
“Is it a turning point? Let’s not talk about that, as I think over the course of the season we have said it so many times that we have worn the phrase out,” Ranieri said.
“It was a fine performance, as this is a team that gets back up after falling,” he concluded.
Inter controlled the game from start to finish and wasted good chances against a negative Fiorentina side who looked a shadow of the team which defeated Roma 3-0 last weekend.
“We rarely countered and were too flat in attack in the first half,” said Fiorentina head coach Delio Rossi.
“We did better in the second half, but conceding the second goal really knocked the wind out of our sails. We have a lot of work to do and the lads are putting in the effort, but we are aware there’s a long way to go,” he said.
Lecce’s decision to part company with Eusebio Di Francesco did not reap instant dividends they would have hoped as Miroslav Klose’s brace helped title hopefuls Lazio snatch a late 3-2 victory.
Palermo missed the chance to climb to fifth as they suffered a shock 1-0 defeat at home to Cesena, who still remained in the relegation zone after only their third win in 14 games this season.
Goals from Marco Rossi and Rodrigo Palacio helped Genoa claim their first away win since September at Siena.
- Inter upset by Lecce as Milan win to chase Juventus - Jan 30, 2012
- Juventus surpass Milan to top Serie A - Apr 08, 2012
- Inter triumph 5-0, Lazio humiliated 0-4 - Jan 08, 2012
- Juventus beat Inter Milan in Serie A - Mar 26, 2012
- Inter held by Atalanta at home - Mar 19, 2012
- Ranieri is a great coach, says Nagatomo - Sep 28, 2011
- Inter Milan lose to Bologna - Feb 18, 2012
- Lazio beat 10-man Rome in Serie A derby - Mar 05, 2012
- Champions League: Marseille, Bayern in quarters - Mar 14, 2012
- Inter beat AC Milan in Serie A derby - Jan 16, 2012
- AC Milan still winless in Serie A - Sep 22, 2011
- Inter Milan sack manager Ranieri - Mar 27, 2012
- Juve, Milan win to keep title race open - Apr 26, 2012
- AC Milan back to top with win over Cesena - Feb 20, 2012
- Inter beat Chievo to end winless streak - Mar 10, 2012
Tags: claudio ranieri, coach claudio, dividends, fiorentina striker, four minutes, head coach, home games, hopefuls, inter milan, lads, lazio, lecce, marco rossi, miroslav klose, pazzini, relegation zone, rodrigo palacio, sails, turning point, xinhua