Inter draw 0-0 with Roma in Italian Serie ASeptember 18th, 2011 - 1:10 pm ICT by IANS
Milan, Sep 18 (IANS) Inter Milan were still struggling to score a win in the new season as they were held to a scoreless draw by visitors Roma in the Italian Serie A.
Roma nearly found the net in the 11th minute when their new boy Dani Osvaldo played into the box after a great ball from Daniele De Rossi. However, Julio Cesar was there to turn the striker’s low drive away from goal here Saturday.
Less than five minutes later Roma were dealt another blow, with their goalkeeper Maarten Stekelenburg being knocked unconscious following a nasty collision with Lucio, Xinhua reported.
It was worrying scenes for the away side as they watched their new keeper carried off by stretcher and replaced by Bogdan Labont.
Half time came with the score still tied at 0-0 and the main talking point being Stekelenburg’s game ending injury.
The second half started brightly for Roma with Francesco Totti’s neat through ball finding Osvaldo behind the Inter defence only for Cesar to deny the former Espanyol striker again.
Minutes later Diego Milito almost opened the scoring with a diving header following a Wesley Sneijder free-kick, unfortunately for the Argentine he dragged his effort wide off the post.
The two sides upped the ante in the last 20 minutes, but it was Inter who looked more likely to score with both Mauro Zarate, who had earlier replaced Milito, and Sneijder going close with long range efforts.
It was Diego Forlan though who came closest to opening the scoring when his curling effort from the edge of the box went just past the far post in the 76th minute.
- Eto'o scores brace in Inter Milan's rally against Roma - Aug 22, 2010
- Lazio beat 10-man Rome in Serie A derby - Mar 05, 2012
- Juventus ahead in Italian league title race - Apr 23, 2012
- Injury-plagued Roma hold Inter Milan to home draw - Nov 09, 2009
- AC Milan lose to Sampdoria - Aug 27, 2012
- The Netherlands upset favourites Brazil 2-1 (Lead) - Jul 02, 2010
- Milito helps Inter end 45-year wait for Europe's top prize - May 23, 2010
- Inter Milan lose to Bologna - Feb 18, 2012
- Milito brace guides Inter Milan to Champions League title - May 23, 2010
- Buffon saves Totti's penalty to extend Juventus' unbeaten streak - Dec 13, 2011
- Dutch have no worries upfront, but defence vulnerable - Jun 02, 2012
- Lazio stun champions Inter Milan in Italian Super Cup - Aug 08, 2009
- Inter beat Chievo to end winless streak - Mar 10, 2012
- Nine men enough for Inter Milan to dominate city derby - Jan 25, 2010
- Only a draw for Inter Milan against Parma - Feb 11, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,