Insulted Tevez now convinced about quitting Man UMay 22nd, 2009 - 5:15 pm ICT by ANI
London, May 22 (ANI): Argentinean playmaker Carlos Tevez will be a substitute for the Champions League final in Rome, signalling his eminent exit from Manchester United.
Dimitar Berbatov will join him on the bench for the game against Barcelona, as coach Sir Alex Ferguson sticks with the strikers who destroyed Arsenal in the semi-final.
Tevez will see it as the final insult, proving that he must leave to get regular first-team football, The Sun reports.
Even if United come up with the deal needed to make his loan move permanent, Tevez is now convinced he has to quit Old Trafford.
And despite interest from Tottenham Spurs and Real Madrid, the striker has his sights set on United’s rivals and neighbours Liverpool.
Ferguson is preparing to stick with the team that destroyed the Gunners in the semi-final second leg.
There will be one exception for Wednesday’s final as Ryan Giggs replaces the banned Darren Fletcher.
Ferguson will go with Cristiano Ronaldo as striker with Wayne Rooney on his left and the industrious Ji Park Sung to the right.
Michael Carrick, Anderson and Giggs make up the midfield three.
Anderson has come to the fore in Europe after Ferguson chose him for the away leg against Porto in the quarterfinal and both Arsenal ties.
The defence picks itself with John O’Shea at right-back, Rio Ferdinand partnering Nemanja Vidic in the middle and Patrice Evra on the left. Edwin van der Sar will, of course, be in goal for the defending champions.
Ferguson sees this line-up as a major threat on the break against the flair of Spanish champions Barcelona. (ANI)
- Fergie relying on 'fit' Ferdinand for match against rivals Liverpool - Mar 03, 2011
- Fergie not to play Rooney against Schalke in order to destroy Chelsea - May 04, 2011
- Man U not afraid of facing Barcelona: Fergie - Mar 18, 2011
- Here's Wayne Rooney's 'ultimate' World XI - Nov 13, 2010
- Man U offers defender O'Shea 16.5 million pound contract - Oct 27, 2010
- Michael Owen deserves place in England's World Cup squad: Fergie - Dec 09, 2009
- Evra describes Arsenal as 'a football training centre' with no trophies to show - Dec 11, 2010
- Rooney give me 10 goals and Berbatov 30, demands Ferguson - Feb 02, 2011
- Champions League: Fergie knows his Man U stars are unbeatable - Feb 24, 2011
- Ronaldo the hero as Manchester United set up Arsenal date - Apr 16, 2009
- O'Shea gives Manchester United slim lead over Arsenal - Apr 30, 2009
- Man U to bid for ex-England star Campbell - Dec 09, 2009
- Rooney wants Man U star Giggs to be knighted - Apr 14, 2011
- Rocking Roo will strike for Man U against Blackpool: Veteran Giggs - Jan 25, 2011
- Man United were interested in signing me last year: Raul - Apr 23, 2011
Tags: alex ferguson, carlos tevez, darren fletcher, dimitar berbatov, edwin van der sar, final insult, john o shea, michael carrick, old trafford, patrice evra, real madrid, rio ferdinand, ryan giggs, sir alex ferguson, spanish champions, team football, tottenham spurs, van der sar, vidic, wayne rooney