Injured Ryan Harris most likely to miss 2011 World CupDecember 29th, 2010 - 1:34 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Dec 29 (ANI): Australian fast bowler Ryan Harris, who suffered a stress fracture in his left ankle, is all set to miss the World Cup after coach Tim Nielsen said he will be out for eight weeks.
The 31-year-old fast bowler pulled up during his run-up midway through the third day of the fourth Ashes Test at the MCG and immediately left the field to receive treatment on his left ankle.
Nielsen has confirmed via his Twitter account that Harris is set for a lengthy absence, News.com.au reports.
“The week has turned out to be a shocker..cricket obvious, but feel very sorry for R Harris…stress fracture of tibia and out for 8 weeks,” Nielsen wrote.
Australia’s first match of the World Cup against Zimbabwe in India is on February 21, just under eight weeks away.
Australian team doctor Trefor James said on Tuesday Harris would probably require surgery.
“Ryan Harris developed ankle pain during England’s first innings and scans have revealed that he a stress fracture of his left ankle,” James said.
“Ryan is likely to require surgery and will consult a specialist in the next 24 hours,” he added. (ANI)
- Harris out of Ashes series with ankle fracture - Dec 28, 2010
- Ryan Harris may undergo surgery for ankle injury - Dec 28, 2010
- Ankle injury puts Harris out of action for three months - Dec 29, 2010
- Fitness issues for Harris ahead of India tour - Jul 10, 2010
- Lee ruled out of tri-series with broken toe - Feb 05, 2012
- Mckay joins list of injured Australian bowlers to miss 2011 World Cup - Jan 13, 2011
- Pattinson ruled out of India series, Star named replacement - Jan 06, 2012
- Back injury may force Pattinson to miss remainder of series - Apr 19, 2012
- Pacer Mitchell Johnson may be ruled out for summer - Nov 30, 2011
- Australia recall Pattinson, drop Harris - Feb 28, 2012
- Bollinger says he is fit to play in IPL - Apr 05, 2011
- Australia name unchanged XI for second Test - Jan 02, 2012
- Seven Australian cricketers including Ponting on road to recovery - May 26, 2011
- Australia may unleash Harris on a bouncy WACA track - Jan 05, 2012
- Oz flop-show at Gabba may force bowling changes for second Ashes Test: Nielsen - Nov 30, 2010
Tags: ankle pain, cricket, fourth ashes test, India, left ankle, lengthy absence, match, mcg, melbourne, news com au, nielsen, ryan harris, shocker, stress fracture, team doctor, third day, tibia, trefor, world cup, zimbabwe