Indoor cricket coach in Australia slept with 14-yr-old girl club memberDecember 2nd, 2010 - 5:21 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Dec 2 (ANI): An indoor cricket coach and umpire, who scattered rose petals over his bed on a Valentine’s Day in order to bed a teenage girl who was a member of his club, has been sentenced to two years’ imprisonment.
The man, who was 35 at that time, slept with the 14-year-old for the first time that evening on February 14, 2003, after she came to his Townsville unit, reports News.com.au.
The defendant, who is now 43, pleaded guilty in the Townsville Magistrates Court to four counts of unlawful carnal knowledge of a child under 16.
The cricket official was first introduced to girl when she joined the club at the age of 10.
Four years later, as a teenager, she started working at the centre and socialising with the accused and this is when the pair had sexual relations about four times.
The teen, who made the complaint in 2009 at 22 after confessing to her mother and friends, could not remember all of their sexual encounters but said to the police other occasions included after a Cowboys match and during her high school exams.
“There was never any manipulation, threats or coercion. This is an unusual case because the girl was aware that my client was married,” said defence barrister Justin Greggery.
He said the defendant had since lost two jobs and his wife because of the offending.
Magistrate Ross Mack accepted that the man was remorseful.
“It was a significant time ago, there was no predatory aspect to it and no resistance on the part of the complainant,” the magistrate said.
“But a 35-year-old man taking advantage of a 14-year-old girl is a very grave matter indeed,” he added. (ANI)
- Oz man faces jail for having sex with 11-yr-old stepdaughter 15-yrs ago - Apr 18, 2011
- Oz man who had baby with 11-yr-old stepdaughter 15-yrs ago escapes jail - Apr 19, 2011
- Oz man appeals against jail sentence for toe sucking - Feb 03, 2011
- Oz man jailed for 17 yrs after sexually abusing 6 girls, including daughters - Oct 12, 2010
- Brit teacher who had sex with 15-yr-old boy walks free - Mar 08, 2011
- Many parents don't think their kids are interested in sex: Study - May 04, 2010
- Gang in Britain jailed for rape as Eid celebrations - Apr 21, 2012
- 10-year-old boy in Gurgaon sentenced for child's rape - May 16, 2012
- British school teacher jailed for sexually abusing girls - Jun 14, 2011
- Sex-Offender Jeffrey Edward Epstein A Free Man Now - Jul 25, 2010
- Oz father jailed for 14 years after filming sexual abuse of stepdaughter - Nov 23, 2010
- 1,000 British teenagers hospitalised for sexual diseases - Aug 29, 2011
- Pakistani gang jailed for raping 50 white British girls - May 09, 2012
- Parents unable to come to terms with teen-agers' sexuality - May 04, 2010
- Sheffield striker jailed for five years for rape - Apr 21, 2012
Tags: club member, coercion, complainant, girl club, grave matter, indoor cricket, knowledge of a child, magistrate, magistrates court, news com au, old girl, petals, ross mack, sexual encounters, sexual relations, significant time, socialising, teenage girl, unlawful carnal knowledge, valentine s day