India’s sole judoka out of OlympicsJuly 31st, 2012 - 6:28 pm ICT by IANS
London, July 31 (IANS) India’s sole judoka Garima Chaudhary was knocked out of the 2012 London Olympics after she lost to Japanese Yoshie Ueno in the opening round of the women’s 63 kg class here Tuesday.
She was beaten by the Japanese by an Ippon in just 1.21 minutes.
Garima, who is ranked 88th in the world, secured the continental quota spot along with Turkmenistan’s 63rd ranked Gulnar Hayytbaeva.
Garima qualified for the London Games after consistent performances at the international level, beginning with the Paris World championships last year, followed by an impressive showing in the World Cup in Warsaw and the Asian championship in Tashkent this year.
- Small town girl looks to achieve big in London (With Image) - Jul 11, 2012
- Olympics: Boxers shine as tennis duo knocked out (Overall Roundup) - Aug 01, 2012
- Olympics: Kashyap upsets seeded player, Devendro wins in style (Evening Lead) - Jul 31, 2012
- Olympics: Kashyap, Devendro shine on a dismal day (India Roundup) - Aug 01, 2012
- Judoka Garima aims to strike in rich in London - Jun 28, 2012
- Olympics: Schedule of events involving Indian athletes Tuesday - Jul 31, 2012
- Olympic judo: Kim scores revenge over Bischof for gold - Aug 01, 2012
- Olympic judo: France's Riner wins gold - Aug 04, 2012
- ITBP's Kalpana creates history with a bronze medal in Judo World Cup - Sep 26, 2010
- Chinese judokas set sight on heavyweight classes - Jul 09, 2012
- Galstyan wins first gold for Russia in judo - Jul 28, 2012
- Olympics judo: Cuba's Ortiz wins gold - Aug 04, 2012
- India at London Olympics (Schedule) - Jul 27, 2012
- Thomas and Uber Cups increased to 16 teams - Jun 11, 2012
- Radwanska advances at Wimbledon, Penetta knocked out (Lead) - Jun 25, 2012