India’s Snehal Pradhan reported for suspected illegal bowling actionJuly 4th, 2011 - 2:37 pm ICT by IANS
Dubai, July 4 (IANS) Snehal Pradhan, a medium-pacer in the Indian women’s cricket team, has been reported to the International Cricket Council (ICC) for a suspected illegal bowling action.
Pradhan was reported by on-field umpires Jeff Evans and Graham Lloyd at the conclusion of the first One-day International (ODI) between England and India last Thursday at the County Ground in Derby.
“Pradhan’s bowling action will now be scrutinised further under the ICC process relating to women’s Tests, ODIs and T20Is,” said an ICC release Monday.
According to clause 2 the ICC regulations, Pradhan will be required to submit to an independent analysis of her action with help from a member of the ICC panel of human movement specialists, appointed in consultation with the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI). This analysis must take place within 21 days of the report being received by the BCCI and the report of the analysis must be filed with the ICC within 14 days of it occurring.
“If the player is found to have bowled with an illegal action during the independent analysis then she will be suspended from bowling until she undertakes remedial action and is reassessed. Until the receipt of the report of the independent analysis by the BCCI, the player may continue to bowl,” added the release.
- Woman cricketer Snehal suspended for illegal bowling action - Aug 10, 2011
- ICC clears Snehal Pradhan's bowling action - Feb 08, 2012
- Pakistani off-spinner reported for suspect action during T20 women World Cup - May 07, 2010
- Windies star Shillingford's bowling action found to be illegal - Dec 21, 2010
- PCB to work on 'suspended' off-spinner Javeria Wadood's bowling action - Jul 07, 2010
- ICC clears Shane Shillingford's bowling action - Jun 05, 2011
- Proteas say Botha is a key player for 20-20 World Cup - Apr 15, 2009
- Abdul Razzak reported for suspect bowling action - Oct 30, 2008
- ICC clears Samuels' bowling action - Sep 29, 2011
- BCCI to scout for bowling talent in Himachal - Feb 15, 2012
- Goswami to lead Indian women's cricket team in Quadrangular series - Jun 04, 2011
- Samuels reported for suspected bowling action - Apr 15, 2012
- Sachin, Gambhir nominated for ICC Awards - Aug 26, 2011
- BCCI rejects ICC's recommendation on DRS (Lead, changing dateline) - Jun 25, 2012
- ICC confirms replacement of players in Oz, Indian squads for WC - Feb 08, 2011
Tags: bowling action, conclusion, consultation, cricket team, england, illegal action, independent analysis, india bcci, indian women, international cricket council, jeff evans, july 4, last thursday, lloyd, medium pacer, odi, receipt, remedial action, snehal, tests odis