Indias Mithali Raj, two others in ICC Womens World Cup 2009 TeamMarch 23rd, 2009 - 4:09 pm ICT by ANI
Dubai, Mar.23 (ANI): Indian batswoman Mithali Raj has found a place in the ICCs Team of the Tournament of the ICC Womens World Cup 2009 which was staged in Australia from 7 to 22 March.
Indian wrist spinner Priyanka Roy and fast bowler Amita Sharma are also in the squad.
The team was selected by a specially assembled panel of experts, headed by former Australia captain Belinda Clark, which had also picked the player of the tournament.
Not surprisingly, players from the winning side make up most of the team but in total four of the eight competing teams are represented.
The side includes five specialist batters Suzie Bates, Shelley Nitschke, Claire Taylor, Mithali Raj and Charlotte Edwards an all-rounder in Kate Pulford while Sarah Taylor has been picked as wicketkeeper/batter. The four bowlers include wrist spinner Priyanka Roy and off-spinner Laura Marsh and fast bowlers Katherine Brunt and Amita Sharma.
England captain Charlotte Edwards has been appointed captain of the side. The players who made the team will be presented with commemorative caps to mark their selection.
The team is as follows:
Suzie Bates (New Zealand) Shelley Nitschke (Australia) Claire Taylor (England) Mithali Raj (India) Charlotte Edwards (England, captain) Kate Pulford (New Zealand) Sarah Taylor (England, wicket-keeper) Amita Sharma (India) Katherine Brunt (England) Priyanka Roy (India) Laura Marsh (England) 12th woman: Sophie Devine (New Zealand) (ANI)
- Jhulan to lead India in first two ODIs against England - Feb 15, 2010
- Top performers named in provisional squads for ICC Womens World Cup 2009 - Jan 13, 2009
- Goswami to lead Indian women's cricket team in Quadrangular series - Jun 04, 2011
- West Indies, Australia reach semis of women's World T20 - May 08, 2010
- No Indian player in World Twenty20 men's team - Jun 22, 2009
- England holds it nerve to win third women World Cup title - Mar 22, 2009
- Indian women beat Pakistan, to face Sri Lanka for place in semis - May 09, 2010
- India eves' World Cup final hope suffers setback - Mar 17, 2009
- Indian women lose to Australia in Twenty20 semi-finals - May 14, 2010
- Mithali Raj jumps to second spot after stellar World Cup performance - Mar 13, 2009
- Women cricketers will strive to draw crowds in World T20 - May 05, 2010
- Indian eves lose to Australia in World Twenty20 semi-final - May 14, 2010
- England women crowned World Twenty20 champions (Lead) - Jun 21, 2009
- Final Scoreboard: India vs. New Zealand, Super Six, Women's World Cup - Mar 17, 2009
- India beat West Indies in women's world cup - Mar 19, 2009
Tags: amita sharma, batters, belinda clark, bowlers, captain kate, claire taylor, commemorative caps, england captain, katherine brunt, laura marsh, mithali raj, nitschke, priyanka, pulford, raj india, rounder, sarah taylor, wicket keeper, winning side, womens world cup