India’s Bhullar moves to tied 11th in China Classic golfOctober 17th, 2008 - 10:43 pm ICT by IANS
Guangzhou, Oct 17 (IANS) Gaganjeet Bhullar carded a superb four-under 67 to move up to tied 11th as four of the seven Indians in the fray made the midway cut at the Midea China Classic Friday.Bhullar, who last year finished second in Indonesia, is now six-under 137 and four shots behind the leader, Korea’s teenage sensation Noh Seung-yul, whose second successive 66 took him 10-under 132 at the top.
Anirban Lahiri, tied 18th overnight, added a one-under 70, and dropped to 23rd at four-under 138, while Rahil Gangjee, needing a few good finishes to ensure his 2009 Asian Tour card, shot a 69 and was three-under 139 and was tied 33rd.
The other Indian to make the cut was Digvijay Singh (72) at two-under 140. He was tied 47th.
Amandeep Johl (70) at two-over 144, Himmat Rai (72) at six-over 148 and Baaz Mann (78) at 153 missed the cut, which came at one-under 141.
Noh had a two stroke lead over Australia’s Terry Pilkadaris at the $500,000 Asian Tour event.
Malaysia’s S. Siva Chandhran, who had earlier taken a share of the early round lead, is tied for third together with eight other players, who are all bunched together on matching 135s.
Noh, who already has three runner-up finishes in his rookie year on the Asian Tour, enjoyed a blemish free round that was highlighted by five birdies.
Home favourite, Liang Wen-chong of China carded a 70 for a 138 total and finished tied for 23rd place.
A total of 72 players made the weekend cut which was set at one-under-par.
- Gangjee moves to seventh in China Classic golf - Oct 18, 2008
- Brunei Open: Bhullar best Indian after second round - Jul 31, 2009
- Ghei best Indian at 8th, Bhullar squeezes inside cut line - Aug 06, 2009
- Gangjee four off the lead at British Open qualifiers - Mar 10, 2010
- Gangjee tied 10th, Chowrasia 19th as Noh pulls off win - Mar 07, 2010
- Gangjee takes one-shot lead in Kensville Challenge - Jan 28, 2012
- Gangjee, Kapur share lead at Kensville Challenge Golf - Jan 27, 2012
- Two shot lead for Arjun Sharma in North India golf - Mar 13, 2012
- Shiv Kapur and Gaganjeet Bhullar make the cut - Apr 29, 2011
- Bhullar slips to 25th, Lahiri, Chowrasia make cut (Lead) - Sep 25, 2010
- Bhullar, Sujjan move up at Indonesian Masters - Apr 23, 2011
- Atwal tied 52nd, Molinari leads in WGC-HSBC - Nov 04, 2010
- Bhullar gets a hole-in-one, moves up to 15th with Lahiri - Jul 30, 2010
- Randhawa best Indian making the cut at Gleneagles - Aug 28, 2010
- Anirban Lahiri, Digvijay Singh best Indians at Midea Classic - Oct 16, 2008