Indians were not prepared to deal with England: KapilAugust 28th, 2011 - 7:13 pm ICT by IANS
London, Aug 28 (IANS) Former captain Kapil Dev blasted the Indian cricket team for their failure to put up a fight and surrender their World No.1 Test crown to England.
India suffered a 0-4 whitewash in the series, which was their second worst defeat since the 0-5 clean sweep by England in 1959.
“They (the Indian players) were not properly prepared to deal with an England team that are playing top cricket at the moment,” Kapil was quoted was saying by The Sunday Times.
“After winning the World Cup in April, they played in the Indian Premier League (IPL) and then toured the West Indies, winning against the inexperienced side. So, they thought playing England would also be easy,” Kapil said.
Dismissing suggestions that Indians were tired before arriving in England due to non-stop cricket, Kapil said there was just no proper planning for the tough tour.
“The bowlers have to work harder. There is no short-cut to success. Only with proper training can they expect to do well. They were not fully prepared,” he said.
“I don’t know who can come in. The board must decide. But proper planning is important,” he said.
- We should support Dhoni and team, says Kapil - Jan 20, 2012
- Kapil ashamed but says time to back India team (Lead) - Jan 20, 2012
- Wasim Akram blasts India's batting legends - Jan 19, 2012
- Paes brings cheer on a day cricketers cave in - Jan 28, 2012
- This Indian team can beat any side, says BCCI president - Jan 19, 2012
- India to play extra warm-up game in Australia - Oct 05, 2011
- Why blame only Laxman, asks Gambhir - Jan 17, 2012
- India's cricket reputation lies in tatters - Aug 14, 2011
- India look good to make it 5-0 against England at Eden (Preview) - Oct 24, 2011
- Ganguly concerned over India's showing abroad - Oct 20, 2011
- Dhoni in no rush to phase out seniors - Jan 28, 2012
- West Indies arrive for series against India - Nov 03, 2011
- Pakistan cricket team lauded for series win - Feb 07, 2012
- Cook urges consistency, Clarke wants review - Jul 11, 2012
- Kapil Dev slams bowlers for poor display against England - Mar 02, 2011