Indian women lose to Australia in four-nation hockey meetApril 15th, 2012 - 8:45 pm ICT by IANS
Auckland, April 15 (IANS) Indian women went down 0-1 to Australia in the last round robin league match of the four-nation tournament at the Harbour Hockey Stadium here Sunday.
India missed a chance of taking early lead when a wrong pass from Rani to Vandana Katariya was intercepted by the opponents. Australia on the other hand, capitalized their chance from a penalty corner direct flick rebound which was stopped at the goal line by Joydeep and the rebound came to Georgia Nanscawen, who made no mistake in putting the ball behind the net in the sixth minute.
Australians dominated in the first half and started penetration through cross hits from both sides. Most of the attempts were well stopped and protected by the defenders Joydeep and Kirandeep Kaur.
India started well in the second half and made some constructive attack on the opponents but failed to score any goal.
India will play against US for the third-fourth position Monday.
- India come back from two goals down to hold New Zealand - Apr 21, 2012
- Indian women's hockey team lose to Argentina - Dec 15, 2011
- Indian women's hockey team lose 0-3 to US - Apr 18, 2012
- Indian women's hockey team thrashed 2-5 by Australia - Apr 19, 2012
- Indian women's hockey team held 1-1 by US - Apr 13, 2012
- India bag bronze in four-nation women's hockey meet - Dec 19, 2011
- India women go down to New Zealand in four-nation meet - Apr 12, 2012
- Anjum to lead Indian women's hockey team in Australia - Sep 29, 2011
- Karbonn Cup: Indian women beat Azerbaijan in opening match - Jan 15, 2012
- Ritu to lead India in Champions Challenge 1 - Sep 10, 2012
- Indian women settle for bronze in hockey - Apr 16, 2012
- Rani to lead women's hockey team in Auckland four-nation meet - Mar 26, 2012
- Indian eves win bronze in Auckland hockey tourney - Apr 22, 2012
- India eves in final of junior Asia Cup - Jul 06, 2012
- Indian women miss bronze in four-nation meet (Lead, With corrections) - Apr 16, 2012
Tags: attempts, australia, australians, flick, goal line, hockey stadium, India, indian women, joydeep, kaur, match, mistake, nation tournament, opponents, penalty corner, penetration, rani, rebound, second half