Indian women claim bronze in team compoundNovember 7th, 2009 - 12:07 am ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Nov 6 (IANS) India won a bronze medal in the women’s compound bow team event in the archery competition of the 3rd Asian Indoor Games at Hanoi Friday.
The Indian trio of Bheigyabati Chanu, Sakro Besra and Vrushali Gorly lost to Iran by a whisker in the semifinals 224-225 but managed to beat host Vietnam in the bronze medal play-off 226-218 to claim the lone medal from archery at the Haiphong Youth Gymnasium.
India, however, was not lucky in two other team events where it reached the semifinals, according to information received here.
In the men’s recurve, the Indian threesome of Rajib Basumatary, Gurucharan Besra and Nanavath Ravinder, lost to Korea in the semifinals 229-235 and went down to Iran in the tie-breaker for the bronze medal play-off. The two teams tied 230-230 and in the tie-breaker, Iranians scored 29 points as against Indian’s 28.
In the men’s compound, the Indian team, comprising M. Chinglensana Luwang, Abhishek Verma and L. Haridas Singh, fell to Thailand in the semifinals 224-225. Then they lost to Vietnam at 216-220 in the bronze medal play-off.
- India win gold in Asian Grand Prix archery - Feb 18, 2012
- India's Luwang in Asian Indoor Archery meet semis - Nov 04, 2009
- India win triple gold in Asian Grand Prix archery (Lead) - Feb 18, 2012
- Asian Games archery: Indian women get bronze, Korea take gold (Lead) - Nov 21, 2010
- Asian Grand Prix archery: Rich medal haul for India - Feb 19, 2012
- World Cup archery: Indian women in bronze medal play-off - Jun 10, 2011
- Archers, badminton players exude confidence at send-off - Jul 15, 2012
- Archery: modest show by Indians in qualifying rounds - Nov 04, 2009
- Indian archers bag 4 gold, 2 silver, 2 bronze medals - Mar 19, 2010
- CWG archery: First-ever medal for India (Lead) - Oct 07, 2010
- India's Chinglensana fails to win archery medal - Nov 06, 2009
- Indian archers shine in compound team event (Second Lead) - Oct 07, 2010
- Archer Tarundeep Rai to vie for World Cup bronze - Jun 21, 2012
- CWG: 34 medal-winning India holds on second position on Day-4 - Oct 07, 2010
- Indian archers win silver in men's compound, women bag bronze (Roundup) - Oct 07, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,