Indian roller skater breaks world recordJuly 27th, 2012 - 9:04 pm ICT by IANS
London, July 27 (IANS) An 11-year-old Indian boy broke a world record by flattening himself enough to skim under poles just 6.75 inches from the ground, Daily Mail reported Friday.
At first glance it looks as if his body is resting on the floor, but Rohan Ajit Kokane is in fact just inches above the ground on his roller skates.
He completed the amazing feat in front of an astounded crowd at a Hong Kong mall.
The event was aimed at promoting exercise among the elderly, the newspaper said.
But record breaking is not a new experience for Kokane - he already holds the Guinness World Record for greatest distance skated underneath 20 cars, at 126 feet 11 inches.
He set the record in Mumbai at the Juhu Aerodrome in Mumbai, India last year.
- 9yr-old Karnataka boy sets world record 'limbo-skating' under cars while blindfolded! - Sep 23, 2009
- Cuban man sets fifth Guinness record - Nov 21, 2011
- Its snowing in Mumbai-Pune! - Jul 15, 2012
- US cat is the world's shortest - Sep 25, 2011
- US diver jump into kids' paddling pool from 36ft to set new world record - Mar 17, 2011
- Gujarat sets 6 Guinness records in golden jubilee year - Jun 14, 2011
- Man attempts Guinness record with 300 kg shoes on - Aug 10, 2012
- At 90, Shimla's skating rink set for nationals - Dec 29, 2010
- Shimla's skating rink closes, signalling season's end - Feb 20, 2012
- Efforts to tow away grounded ship off Mumbai suspended - Jun 19, 2011
- Cuban rolls 80 m long cigar - May 04, 2011
- Get your skates on the ice in Shimla - Nov 21, 2010
- What Guinness? My job is to run: 100-year-old Fauja Singh (Interview) (With images) - Jan 04, 2012
- Skater Jumps From Eiffel Tower And Sets Record - Jun 01, 2010
- 6'8" model Amazon Eve hopes to win Guinness world record - Feb 19, 2011