Indian poultry tycoon Desai shows door to Blackburn chairmanFebruary 4th, 2011 - 3:12 pm ICT by ANI
London, Feb 4 (ANI): After sacking Blackburn manager Sam Allardyce a few weeks after poultry major Venky’s took control at Ewood Park, new Indian owner of the Premier League club Anuradha Desai has shown the door to long-serving chairman John Williams.
Williams became the latest victim as he agreed a severance package on Thursday during Indian poultry tycoon Desai’s first visit to Lancashire.
He has just started his 14th year at the helm at Blackburn and has been widely respected for steering the club through some tough times following the death of the previous owner Jack Walker, The Sun reports.
Williams was unhappy that he was made to do the dirty work by delivering the bad news to Sam Allardyce back in December.
He decided to stay on in the aftermath and even urged concerned fans to rally behind the new owners, but then found himself increasingly marginalised.
SEM agent Jerome Anderson has been calling the shots since the takeover and Williams found he was hardly consulted on transfer dealings. (ANI)
- Venky's sack Blackburn Rovers' manager Sam Allardyce - Dec 15, 2010
- Blackburn Rovers' Indian owner criticized for sacking coach - Dec 19, 2010
- Blackburn Rovers to continue with 'flop' manager Steve Kean - Mar 08, 2011
- Blackburn's Indian owners left red-faced over Ronaldinho Twitter claim - Jan 03, 2011
- Indian company Venky's to buy Blakburn Rovers - Oct 26, 2010
- Indian firm Venkys says it is set to acquire Blackburn Rovers - Oct 28, 2010
- West Ham United eyeing Allardyce as a replacement for manager Grant - Jan 10, 2011
- Premier League clubs want me: Maradona - Jan 11, 2011
- EPL side Blackburn Rovers arrive in Pune - Oct 05, 2011
- Indian businessmen target Blackburn Rovers takeover - Aug 17, 2010
- Indian presence in English Premier League doubles - May 23, 2011
- Blackburn's Indian owners say they bid for Ronaldinho - Jan 04, 2011
- Venkys to sponsor Mumbai Fighters - Nov 11, 2011
- Ex-boss Souness says Blackburn's Indian owners are like cowboys - Dec 19, 2010
- Blackburn Rovers to play Pune FC in exhibition match - Jul 13, 2011
Tags: anuradha, bad news, calling the shots, chairman john, desai, dirty work, ewood park, helm, jack walker, john williams, lancashire, latest victim, london feb, poultry, premier league, sam allardyce, severance package, sun reports, tough times, venky