Indian official insults tricolourMarch 31st, 2011 - 11:56 am ICT by IANS
Mohali, March 31 (IANS) A woman Punjab Cricket Association (PCA) official created a controversy after she was seen stomping on the Indian flag and some balloons that had the tricolour printed on them outside the stadium that played host to the India-Pakistan World Cup semifinal.
When the onlookers objected, she had a heated argument with them. Seeing this, dozens of furious fans gathered on the spot and started arguing with her.
However, Mohali police intervened in time Wednesday. She had to apologise publicly, before she was taken inside the stadium by the police.
- ICC official booked for insulting tricolour - Apr 02, 2011
- Police scramble to control ruckus outside Mohali stadium - Mar 28, 2011
- Punjab cricket board owes police Rs.11 crore! - Apr 15, 2011
- Pak team practices ahead of highly anticipated World Cup semi final against India - Mar 27, 2011
- 'Black marketing' of match tickets figures in Punjab house - Mar 26, 2011
- Hoax bomb calls over India-Pakistan match venue - Mar 27, 2011
- Light rain in Mohali ahead of India-Pakistan match - Mar 30, 2011
- Patriotic fervour peaks hours before match - Mar 30, 2011
- India-Pakistan duel: Tricolour makes brisk sales - Mar 29, 2011
- Cricket fans wander in Mohali sans tickets - Mar 28, 2011
- Fans blur battle lines between India and Pakistan - Mar 30, 2011
- PM to stay at Punjab Raj Bhawan, Gilani at the Taj - Mar 28, 2011
- Everyone wants slice of Mohali pie, eight blackmarketeers held - Mar 28, 2011
- Gilani to stay at Chandigarh hotel hosting both teams (Lead) - Mar 28, 2011
- Indo-Pak semifinal: Fans baton charged outside Mohali stadium - Mar 28, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,