Indian men’s recurve team in World Cup archery finalJune 9th, 2010 - 8:51 pm ICT by IANS
Antalya (Turkey), June 9 (IANS) The Indian men’s recurve team moved into the second successive final of the ongoing World Cup archery series here Wednesday.
The crack combination of Mangal Singh Champia, Jayanta Talukdar and Rahul Banerjee would take on the US in the title round Thursday.
Dola Banerjee entered the semifinals of the individual section of this Stage II tournament and would now face Victoriya Koval of Ukraine Friday.
The Indian men’s team, seeded No. 1, first ousted Belarus 224-211 in the pre-quarterfinals, downed Russia 224-219 in the quarterfinals and got rid of Japan 216-213 in the semifinals. India had lost to Italy in the final at the Porec World Cup in May.
Apart from Dola, only Talukdar and reigning Cadet World Champion Deepika Kumari reached quarterfinals before bowing out. Talukdar went down to Shungo Tabata of Japan and Deepika lost to Inna Stepanova of Russia.
Champia was the most disappointing of the lot, losing his first round match to Sermet Chinar of Turkey. Tarundeep Rai was eliminated in the second round by England’s Simon Terry. Banerjee, having got the second seeding, fell to Xiangqing Jing of China in the pre-quarterfinals.
Laishram Bombayla Devi was beaten by Elif Begunhan Unsal of Turkey in the pre-quarterfinals and Rimil Buruily failed to go past the first round.
- Deepika second Indian woman archer to reach World Cup final - Sep 02, 2010
- Asian Games archery: Deepika loses bronze play-off (Roundup) - Nov 23, 2010
- Early exit for Indians in archery World Cup - Aug 06, 2010
- World Cup archery: Indian recurve team in final - May 04, 2012
- Archery World Cup: Indian men win gold, Deepika settles for silver - Sep 04, 2010
- Indian archers bag 4 gold, 2 silver, 2 bronze medals - Mar 19, 2010
- Four Indian recurve archers in last eight - Oct 05, 2010
- CWG archery: Indians win in recurve, disappoint in compound (Lead) - Oct 05, 2010
- Little known Iranian shocks Talukdar in Archery World Cup - Jun 09, 2011
- Asian Games archery: Indian women get bronze, Korea take gold (Lead) - Nov 21, 2010
- Asian Games archery: Deepika in quarters of individual recurve - Nov 23, 2010
- CWG archery: Indians in semi-finals of team events - Oct 06, 2010
- Dismal show by Indian recurve archers - May 05, 2011
- Asian Games archery: Deepika scrapes through to semi-finals (Lead) - Nov 23, 2010
- Disappointing show by Indian archers in individual category - Aug 07, 2009
Tags: archery, cadet world, chinar, deepika, dola banerjee, indian men, koval, mangal singh, match, quarterfinals, rahul, rai, russia, stepanova, tabata, talukdar, ukraine, unsal, world champion, world cup