Indian lifters disappoint at Asian ChampionshipsMay 13th, 2009 - 10:49 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 13 (IANS) Indian weightlifters put up a disappointing show in the Asian Weightlifting Championships at Taldykorgan in Kazakhstan.
Sonia Chanu was the best Indian performer, finishing fourth in the 48kg category with a total lift of 167kg.
In men’s 62kg, Kailas Pujari and Omkar Ottari finished eighth and 11th, respectively, on the second day of the tournament Tuesday.
Pujari’s total lift was 259kg (114+145) while Ottari lifted 116kg in snatch and 138kg in clean and jerk for a total of 254kg.
In women’s 58kg, Premeswari Devi and Sunibala Devi were seventh and eighth, respectively.
Premeswari lifted 97kg in clean and jerk and 80kg in snatch for a total of 177kg while Sunibala Devi had a total of 167kg (74+93).
- Lifters Soniya, Sandhya win India's first medals in CWG 2010 - Oct 04, 2010
- CWG weightlifting: Silver for Sukhen, Srinivasa gets bronze - Oct 04, 2010
- CWG weightlifting: Soniya, Sandhya win first medals for India (LEAD) - Oct 04, 2010
- We are not here to make up the numbers: Weightlifting coach - Jul 19, 2012
- CWG weightlifting: Dey and Rao add a silver and bronze to the kitty (RoundUp) - Oct 04, 2010
- Olympic weightlifting: Ravi Kumar finishes sixth in 69kg - Jul 31, 2012
- Silver medalist Chanu sad after missing the Gold in CWG - Oct 05, 2010
- Indian men lifters fail in 62kg category, women in 53kg - Oct 06, 2010
- Indian lifters fail in 62-kg category - Oct 05, 2010
- Olympics: North Korean weight-lifter breaks world record - Jul 31, 2012
- Asian Games weightlifting: Sudhir finishes sixth in 77kg - Nov 16, 2010
- Lifters win India's first four medals at CWG 2010 (Night Lead) - Oct 04, 2010
- Iran Asian weightlifting champions - May 01, 2012
- Asian Games weightlifting: Mali finishes 10th in 85kg - Nov 17, 2010
- Olympic weightlifting: Ukraine's Torokhtiy wins 105kg event - Aug 07, 2012