Indian judokas win four gold at Asian Youth ChampionshipsJuly 4th, 2008 - 9:49 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 4 (IANS) Indian judokas won eight medals, including four gold, at the Asian Youth Judo Championships in Sana’a, Yemen. According to information received here, Balinder (boys, 42kg), Amit Kumar (boys, 50kg), Sandhya Devi (girls, 48kg) and Pooja Dhanda (girls, 57kg) won the gold medals Thursday.
Ichal Devi (girls, 63kg) won the silver while Neha Thakur (girls, 40kg), Sushila Devi (girls, 44kg) and Romen Singh (boys, 60kg) won the bronze medal.
The 12-member Indian team (six girls and six boys) were second in both the boys and girls sections.
- Sushila Devi wins gold in Asian junior judo - Oct 04, 2011
- Indian judokas shine at Asian meet - Jul 11, 2008
- Olympic judo: Kim scores revenge over Bischof for gold - Aug 01, 2012
- Youth Olympic medal winners to get cash rewards - Aug 28, 2010
- Galstyan wins first gold for Russia in judo - Jul 28, 2012
- Chinese judokas set sight on heavyweight classes - Jul 09, 2012
- ITBP's Kalpana creates history with a bronze medal in Judo World Cup - Sep 26, 2010
- Indian athletes' London tryst amid soaring expectations - Jul 26, 2012
- Kalpana to lead Indian judo squad in Asiad - Oct 23, 2010
- 29 Olympic champions to spearhead China at London Games - Jul 10, 2012
- Lifters Soniya, Sandhya win India's first medals in CWG 2010 - Oct 04, 2010
- Vikas bags bronze, paddlers struggle at Youth Olympics - Aug 24, 2010
- Yuki retires hurt in final, wins silver for India - Aug 21, 2010
- CWG weightlifting: Silver for Sukhen, Srinivasa gets bronze - Oct 04, 2010
- India finish with eight medals at inaugural Youth Olympics - Aug 26, 2010