Indian judokas shine at Asian meetJuly 11th, 2008 - 10:32 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 11 (IANS) Indian judokas won six medals, including one gold, in the just concluded 4th Children of Asia Games at Yakutsk in the Republic of Saka. Pooja Dhanda (57 Kg) won the gold medal. Sandhya Devi (48kg), Ichal Devi (63kg), Romen Singh (60kg) and Jawswinder Singh (55kg) bagged the silver medals while the bronze went to Neha Thakur (40kg) in the five-day event that concluded Thursday.
Pooja had also won a gold in the Asian Youth Championships last week in Yemen.
It was an improved performance by the Indian judokas this time compared to the last edition when they could get only one silver and a bronze.
- Indian judokas win four gold at Asian Youth Championships - Jul 04, 2008
- Sushila Devi wins gold in Asian junior judo - Oct 04, 2011
- Monica and Pooja settle for bronze at China Open boxing - Jun 02, 2011
- Indian wrestlers win medals in international meet - Nov 11, 2011
- Galstyan wins first gold for Russia in judo - Jul 28, 2012
- Lifters Soniya, Sandhya win India's first medals in CWG 2010 - Oct 04, 2010
- CWG weightlifting: Silver for Sukhen, Srinivasa gets bronze - Oct 04, 2010
- Olympic judo: Kim scores revenge over Bischof for gold - Aug 01, 2012
- Youth Olympic medal winners to get cash rewards - Aug 28, 2010
- Two CWG gold medallists in weightlifting squad for Asian Games - Oct 21, 2010
- Indian lifters sure of winning 'dope-free' medals at CWG (Weightlifting preview) - Oct 03, 2010
- CWG weightlifting: Soniya, Sandhya win first medals for India (LEAD) - Oct 04, 2010
- India finish with eight medals at inaugural Youth Olympics - Aug 26, 2010
- Wrestling team wins three medals in Madrid tournament - Jul 12, 2010
- Vikas bags bronze, paddlers struggle at Youth Olympics - Aug 24, 2010