Indian hockey team to play in Hamburg MastersJune 16th, 2010 - 7:50 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 16 (IANS) An Indian hockey team captained by Rajpal Singh will participate in the four-nation Hamburg Masters tournament in Germany July 2-4.
India will compete against the Netherlands, Japan and the hosts.
The tournament will be followed by a Test series in Belgium, France and Holland.
India will play three Tests against Belgium July 5-16 and then take on France July 17-21 in another three match series. They will wind up their Europe tour with two Tests against the Dutch July 24-25, Hockey India (HI) said in a statement.
Two changes have been made in the squad that was declared the joint winners at the Sultan Azlan Shah Cup at Ipoh, Malaysia last month. Striker Shivendra Singh, who injured his ankle, and midfielder Arjun Halappa have been rested.
Dragflicker Sandeep Singh, midfielder Ajitesh Roy and forward Hari Prasad have made a comeback while promising youngster Birendra Lakra gets his first look into the senior squad.
The team was selected after trials at the Balewadi Sports Complex in Pune. The trial was attended by selectors Balbir Singh, B.P. Govinda and Sita Mehta; government nominees Ajitpal Singh and Zafar Iqbal; foreign coach Jose Brasa and national coach Harendra Singh.
Defenders: Sardar Singh, Dhananjay Mahadik, Rupinder Pal Singh, Sandeep Singh, Amit Prabhakar
Midfielders: Gurbaj Singh, Ravi Pal, Prabodh Tirkey, Ajitesh Roy, Bharat Chikara, Danish Mujtaba, Vikas Pillay, Birendra Lakra Jr.
Forwards: Rajpal Singh, Tushar Khandker, Sarvanjit Singh, Mandip Antil, Mohd. Amir Khan, Hari Prasad, Dharamvir Singh
Goalkeepers: P.R. Sreejesh, Bharat Chetri
- 48 probables selected for national hockey camp - Jul 16, 2011
- Indian hockey squad for Commonwealth Games announced - Aug 30, 2010
- Four from India's Europe tour to miss Olympic hockey - Jun 10, 2012
- Chettri to lead Indian hockey team in Olympics - Jun 11, 2012
- Chettri to lead Indian hockey team in Olympics (Lead) - Jun 11, 2012
- Chetri to lead hockey team in Champions Challenge - Nov 18, 2011
- Indian hockey team rout Belgium 6-0 - Jul 17, 2010
- Rajpal, Halappa left out from Olympics hockey probables - Feb 27, 2012
- Rajpal, Surinder Kaur to lead hockey teams in Guangzhou - Nov 03, 2010
- Chettri to lead Indian hockey team in London - Apr 10, 2012
- Adrian, Sandeep, Diwakar dropped for Azlan Shah hockey - Apr 24, 2010
- Sandeep Singh to lead Indian hockey team in European tour - Jul 07, 2009
- Hockey team to have no designated captain for Canada tour - Sep 30, 2009
- Chettri to lead India in Sultan Azlan Shah Cup - Apr 12, 2012
- Ace forward Rajpal axed from hockey squad for Olympic qualifiers - Jan 30, 2012
Tags: amir khan, antil, azlan shah cup, dhananjay, europe tour, hamburg masters, indian hockey, ipoh malaysia, mandip, masters tournament, mujtaba, national coach, pillay, promising youngster, rajpal, rupinder, sultan azlan shah, sultan azlan shah cup, tirkey, zafar iqbal