Indian hockey team leaves for LondonApril 27th, 2012 - 6:52 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 27 (IANS) The Indian men’s hockey team left here for London Friday to take part in a four-nation Olympic test event ahead of the 2012 Games.
The 18-member squad is captained by goalkeeper Bharat Chetri while midfielder Sardar Singh is his deputy.
The tournament will be played at Riverbank Arena, Olympic Park May 2-6. Besides India and hosts Great Britain, the other participating teams are Australia and Germany.
India will open its campaign against Australia May 2, followed by matches against Great Britain and Germany.
The tournament will be played on a blue artificial turf with yellow balls. The pitch has pink runways.
- Chettri to lead Indian hockey team in London - Apr 10, 2012
- Chettri to lead Indian hockey team in Olympics (Lead) - Jun 11, 2012
- Chettri to lead Indian hockey team in Olympics - Jun 11, 2012
- India face mighty Australia in Olympic Hockey Test event - May 01, 2012
- Four from India's Europe tour to miss Olympic hockey - Jun 10, 2012
- Chettri to lead India in Sultan Azlan Shah Cup - Apr 12, 2012
- India go down to Britain in Olympic warm-up hockey - May 04, 2012
- Tough challenge for India in men's hockey - Sep 09, 2010
- Rajpal, Halappa left out from Olympics hockey probables - Feb 27, 2012
- India lose to Britain in tri-nation hockey - Jul 15, 2012
- Indian hockey team to play in Hamburg Masters - Jun 16, 2010
- Senior national hockey championship in Bhopal June 10-19 - May 26, 2011
- Hockey camp to focus on fitness, strength: Nobbs - Mar 12, 2012
- Nobbs looks at positives from dismal Euro tour - Jul 21, 2012
- 90 Indian players sign up for Hockey India league - Sep 12, 2012
Tags: artificial turf, australia, germany, great britain, hockey team, hosts, India, indian hockey, indian men, london, member squad, midfielder, New Delhi, olympic park, olympic test event, pitch, riverbank, runways, sardar singh, yellow balls